Dusk Crusade
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Housing Development in Northern Italy

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

A Housing Development in Northern Italy - Page 2 Empty Re: A Housing Development in Northern Italy

Post by Ada Koch Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:26 am

As Ada neared the battle raging between the blonde vampire and Veronica she was halted as the golden pages that had been encircling Veronica enshrouded her as well. However unlike for Veronica the pages seemed to act as a wall impeding her from proceeding further. Ada could only watch through the gaps in the pages as her mother battled against the blonde vampire she'd just been speaking to only minutes before. Ada clenched her fist tightly as she was forced to watch as the two fought a short skirmish before the blonde disappeared from sight.

Ada stood watching for a moment after the fight had ended waiting to be freed from the protective shell of bible pages. She visibly flinched as Veronica turned her head to glare at her out of the corner of her eyes. Ada could feel the shame burning deep within the pit of her stomach. She looked toward the ground unwilling to meet Veronica's eyes as the pages that had both protected her and kept her restrained returned to their rightful place within one of Veronica's many bibles. She looked up once more to see Veronica's gaze focused on the treeline once more. Ada bit her lip she felt many things at the moment but none of them were good. Shame,embarrassment,guilt, and confusion all of these things milled about her mind.  

After a short period of silence Ada took a step forward toward her mother "Mo-" She was cut off as Veronica's anger seemed to reach a boiling point as she vented her anger through yelling. Ada flinched taking a step backwards once again directing her eyes toward the ground she could feel Veronica's heated gaze on her burning her like fire. Ada bit her lip again harder than the last her fists clenched as she shut her eyes listening to Veronica scold her for her performance on this assignment. As Veronica finished her tirade Ada almost felt like crying at this point. She knew that she'd failed miserably but part of her wanted to know why. What was she supposed to do in her situation, she knew that the vampire she'd met was much stronger than the one she'd been hunting him. If he'd managed to evade Veronica there was no doubt that he could dodge a few bullets sent his way by a novice hunter.

Ada kept her head low as she spoke "I was staying alive...What was I supposed to do..." Ada said her hair fell low over her eyes shrouding her face from view hiding the forlorn expression on her face. "If I had fought him I would have died." Ada said quietly it was a poor excuse for her performance but it was the one she'd chosen to give. "I'm sorry I didn't rush head first into battle if that's what your so upset about..." Ada muttered sparing a brief look at Veronica.
Ada Koch
Ada Koch
Admin

Character sheet
Souls: 2
Organization: True Cross
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

A Housing Development in Northern Italy - Page 2 Empty Re: A Housing Development in Northern Italy

Post by Veronica Corvis Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:45 am

A twitch tugged at the corner of the Nun's lips, it's origins originating from both irritation and downright anger at her adoptive daughters response. No mortal words could describe how foolish Veronica now thought her young charge was, especially given the situation. Staying alive was one thing, but ignoring everything that had been taught to her to keep her that was was something far more erroneous. It was unacceptable, and for the young girl to not see that only made the True Cross Bloodhound all the more furious and doubtful of the girls capabilities.

"Staying alive?! I don't think you realize how wrong that statement is! If that abomination had wanted to, it could have easily torn you apart, and would have done so without a second thought! You weren't staying alive, you were a deer in headlights!" The Nun turned abruptly to face to the directions of the woods once more, letting out an sinister "tsk" as she did so. "Yes. If you had fought him, you would have died. However, what you did hardly changed that outcome. If I had not been here, what do you think he would have done after he had finished amusing himself with your little conversation? Let you walk away? Don't be so naive, child. This entire mission was to see how you would act on your own, and instead you placed yourself in a situation that forced me to interfere."

The Nun's amber eyes glared into the treeline, reaching out with her innate ability to sense the presence of unholy beings. She couldn't feel anything. Nothing at all. The thing had all but disappeared from her range, and it only served to enrage her all the more. She tossed the glare over her shoulder, focusing her gaze once more on Ada. "I'm hardly upset about that. I never expected you to rush headfirst against a supernatural foe, especially at your current level. However, you ignored your training, you ignored my warnings, and you even ignored common sense. I'm not upset that my daughter didn't die, I'm upset that she refused to act in a way that would have ensured her survival had I not been here."

A small pause followed, then she spoke again, her voice still stern. "Using my authority as overseeing operative, I deem your first mission an absolute failure." She paused, her arms crossing over her chest as she began to move towards the vehicle that brought them here. "When we return to the Orphanage, you're going back to your studies. You're clearly not ready for field operations."
Veronica Corvis
Veronica Corvis
Coder

Character sheet
Souls: 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Veronica Corvis Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:18 pm

(Due to the length of time this topic has been in a bit of stasis, I'm going to move both Ada and Veronica out of it and back to Rome, so the topic can be finished and development can continue when Ada finally gets more time on his hands)

Both ---> Exit to Rome
Veronica Corvis
Veronica Corvis
Coder

Character sheet
Souls: 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum