Dusk Crusade
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gary Stu's Room

3 posters

Go down

Gary Stu's Room Empty Gary Stu's Room

Post by Dungeon Master Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:14 pm

Stu's room was a paragon of insane optimism. Yellow smiling heads adorned the walls in random locations, along with several motivation posters of cats doing funny things. Across from a bed composed of four memory foam mattresses (he'd heard about the one in the archer's room and decided it would be fun to try out, then ordered more) hung a 70'' plasma TV. All his clothes were neatly folded in a dresser, with others hung in a closet and sealed in vacuum plastic to keep them pressed. It was a room fit for a colonel (he was promoted again).
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Character sheet
Souls: 77
Organization: Staff
Race: Immortal

Back to top Go down

Gary Stu's Room Empty Re: Gary Stu's Room

Post by Eleanor Harkness Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:30 am

<------------------ Cole's Room

Stu's quarters were closer to the main officers and high-ranking civilian barracks than those of the men who would now be so happily working under him. She could tell, however, that the man was still in the process of moving into his larger and much more well furnished rooms. A cardboard box still sat in the hall, and a hideously bright rug was rolled up next to the door. The latter of which sat open, and she could hear the calming sounds of Enya floating through.

Rolling her eyes, she steels herself for the event to come, and knocks on the doorframe of the entrance.

"Colonel? Are you in?"

She knew he was, but some small part of her desperately prayed he had jotted off for some reason or another.
Eleanor Harkness
Eleanor Harkness
Player of the Month
Player of the Month

Character sheet
Souls: 5
Organization: V.W.A.T.
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Cole Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:40 pm

Hands stuffed in his pockets, the archer made his way through the halls alongside Eleanor with long, loping strides. As they drew closer to Stu's room, he couldn't help yawn as the lackluster music reached his ears. How to handle this situation was a bit of an open ended question for him. In all honesty, he lacked the experience in espionage and interrogation that Harkness possessed. Had the order been to put Stu six feet under without leaving noticeable traces, the Ranger would have been comfortably in his element but unfortunately that just wasn't the case.

Pausing before reaching the doorway, Cole leaned against the cool metal wall and crossed one ankle over the other while Eleanor determined whether or not the man was even in his room. With his back pressed against the outer wall of Stu's room, the dull reverberations of his taste in music became that much more noticeable. Though he couldn't go so far as to call the song "good" it was doing wonders to lull the archer into a standing nap there and then.
Brandon Cole
Brandon Cole

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dungeon Master Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:18 pm

The colonel got up from his numerous beds to answer the door, sliding it open to reveal two more special agents. "My friends! It's so nice to see you. I was just about to watch some Adventure Time. Did you come to join me?" Netflix was already pulled up on the screen. His trademark sparkles showed around his head, matching his friendly smile.
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Harkness Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:19 pm

As soon as the door opened, Eleanor immediately resented her decision to talk to this man first. Then again, at least she would have this nightmare out of the way. Flashing a genuine (to him) polite smile, she motions to the boxes and rug still left waiting outside.

"No, actually, we came to see if you needed any help moving into your new room."

Her words were very, very sincere to him, though to her ears, the words sounded far too sweet. And she hated knowing what Cole thought about all of it.
Eleanor Harkness
Eleanor Harkness
Player of the Month
Player of the Month

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Cole Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:39 pm

Dear god, just his voice was enough to grate on the archer's ears when Stu opened his doors to greet the recently arrived operatives. That was not to say that the strangely sparkling man had an objectively unpleasant voice per say. Rather, it was the knowledge that it was his voice that set Brandon off on a bad foot for this conversation. Had it not been for Eleanor's disgustingly sweet tone, he might have abandoned the job outright. Thankfully, the knowledge of how much that well-meaning facade had to burn the spy was enough solace to satiate him for the moment.

Managing the barest effort to greet their eccentric conversation partner, Cole simply nodded once. "Regular Show is better but I think Harkness prefers Johnny Test," he said, deciding to entertain himself by making Eleanor's job just a little bit harder.
Brandon Cole
Brandon Cole

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dungeon Master Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:49 pm

"I was just taking a short break. I'll be okay on my own. Thank you for the offer, though." He grabbed the rug as the archer began talking. He bent over, flexing his perfectly sculpted buttocks as he unrolled the thing onto the floor. It was another smiley face. "Really? So do I! The simplistic Flash animation and repetitive storylines hearken back to an earlier and less refined time of cartoons. It's really a fun spectacle." Not even the foulest of shows was bad enough to make Stu lose his good mood.
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Harkness Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:33 am

Seizing a swiftly closing opportunity, the spy sweeps around the conversation and gets down to the point.

"I think you will find Cole to be very well versed in the ins and outs of all things geared towards a much younger crowd." She twitches a grin at Brandon before continuing. "But before you two run off and leave me behind with all this cartoon talk, I thought I might take the opportunity to ask you about an op that happened, oh, say, a month ago?"

She was fishing, but it wasn't like he would know that.
Eleanor Harkness
Eleanor Harkness
Player of the Month
Player of the Month

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Cole Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:54 am

"How the fuck is he a thing?" Cole thought to himself, utterly exasperated by Stu's unmatched optimism. There was no other way to explain it. The man was downright exhausting and hard as it was to believe, Brandon could feel the muscles in his face sag even more that usual. It was as if his body were unconsciously giving up on the situation entirely.

And then Harkness tried to throw his ass under the bus.

His dark eyes flicked to her for the briefest of moments before settling back on a nondescript section of the hallway. Though short lived, it was just enough to translate his promise of a swift and painful revenge against her. "You made it a whole two minutes without gushing, Eleanor. Progress," he said, turning his head towards Stu to address him directly. "She's been going on about impressed she was all morning. You might have a bit of a fangirl on your hands."
Brandon Cole
Brandon Cole

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dungeon Master Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:19 am

"Oh, it wasn't anything special. Without my team to back me up, I never would have been able to complete the mission." He modestly tried to deflect the compliments towards his promotion-winning task, sparkling stars apparently being his form of a blush. "I'll try to answer everything you need to know, though. I wouldn't want to disappoint a friend. " he took the last box - a long cardboard job sealed with tape - and placed it on the floor to cut open with a pair of scissors. From under a pile of packing paper, he produced two Japanese katana. One was sheathed in red with pink cherry blossom designs across its surface, the other blue with green tea leaves. He hung them above his bed on two sets of padded holders.
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Harkness Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:38 pm

Well, it wasn't like she'd been broadsided by Cole's antics, but it certainly dug under her skin. Stepping into the room after the colonel - and trying her best not to go blind from the colours and sparkles that were vomited over everything - the spy doesn't wait for her partner or the other man to notice she's moved before she takes up residence next to a perfectly appointed display cabinet.

"Really, I was just curious why you were assigned to that particular mission. There seems to have been a bit of a mix up in the roster that night. Certain teams were pulled up and then sent home before you got there."
Eleanor Harkness
Eleanor Harkness
Player of the Month
Player of the Month

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Cole Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:36 pm

I saw that Cole silently quipped, catching the barest hint of a reaction from Harkness in response to his latest dig. She was impressive as always and if he was being completely honest, if he hadn't been in on the farce beforehand he truly doubted he'd have been able to catch even that. However, that was neither here nor there so he'd take any unfair advantage he could and abuse it to the fullest potential.

With their little party having fully moved inside Stu's quarters, Brandon lethargically followed after them, quite literally sliding his shoulder against the wall of the hallway before finally swinging into the room. While Eleanor was happy to make herself comfortable among the furniture for the moment, the archer decided to occupy his admittedly short attention span with a few of the pictures that hung upon the walls. Stu was in all of them of course, arm in arm with celebrities and politicians alike, but one in particular stood out to him. Off in one corner was a small snapshot of Stu with an arm draped around two men with prisoner security collars clasped around their necks. One of them was clad in a white three piece suit covered in worrisome red stains and the other was horribly bandages, the loose strands falling to bunch at the shoulders of his trench coat a bit. Recognizing the terrible twosome from VWAT's personnel files, Cole could only wonder what Stu had possibly done to get on the good side of two of the most violent and dangerous felons they'd ever employed.
Brandon Cole
Brandon Cole

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dungeon Master Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:04 am

Stu thought for a moment before answering. "I'm not really sure, honestly. I was just called in later that night and I was shipped out with my team." He always felt it was a bit odd at how last minute that assignment was. Still, it gave him a promotion, so he couldn't complain. It was a decent fight, too. At least 300 vampires all on his own. A little easy, he'd admit, but a nice workout, nonetheless. "I'm sorry I can't be of more help. Is there anything else you'd like to know?"
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Harkness Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:47 pm

While her fishing expedition wasn't landing her any whales, it was certainly meandering in to a direction she could appreciate. Turning a bit, she stares at the display case, finger running over the glass in the shapes of the trophies within.

"Don't take this the wrong way, Colonel, but I've noticed a trend with your recent missions. they always seems to belong to someone else, and then abruptly, you are inserted instead." She turns back around, leaning on the very sturdy case with her hands clasped in front of her, looking very unassuming and calm. "Why do you think that is?"

She would probably place a bet on what he would say next, but she would let him say it anyway; she's sure Cole is bored out of his mind right now.
Eleanor Harkness
Eleanor Harkness
Player of the Month
Player of the Month

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Cole Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:32 pm

For perhaps the hundredth time today, Brandon Cole found himself questioning Gary Stu's existence. Looking at the details individually, he'd been able to handle the insanity of it all up to this point. However, now that his attention was no longer held by the pictures hanging on the bluenette's wall, it all seemed to just hit the archer at once. The twin Japanese katana, the four memory foam mattresses, the celebrity pictures, the trophies, and worst of all that grating little tone of upbeat obliviousness that swam through every sentence that left the man's mouth. Though obviously a believer in monsters and the supernatural, the jury was still out on the existence of hell for Brandon Cole. But if it really did exist, the archer could scarcely imagine how it could get much worse than this.
Brandon Cole
Brandon Cole

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dungeon Master Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:54 pm

"I really wouldn't know," he said, sitting down on the towering bed. "I'm not complaining, though. I can't just sit around at base all the time, so a chance to do a little training is always nice." He realize something, snapping his fingers. "You could talk to dispatch about this. I'm sure they'd know why this keeps happening." He was quite pleased with himself for thinking of this, grinning more than usual. He extended his hand out, first to Eleanor and eventually to Brandon. "If you two ever need anything, remember that I'm here to help. We'll catch that spy. I promise!" He felt like a hand clasp of victory would strength their friendship with each other, hoping to initiate it before.
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Harkness Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:51 am

She nods once and turns to look at Cole just as the other man extends his hand. "I suppose the Colonel has given us everything he can." Stepping around her partner, she sends a smile back at Stu, though now she is too far to reach his grasp; convieniently placing her out of his reach but still showing a pleasant face on her retreat.

"Thank you for your efforts, Colonel. Hope to see you soon."

With that, she exits and head down the hall to her next target.

------------>Wherever Claire is
Eleanor Harkness
Eleanor Harkness
Player of the Month
Player of the Month

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Cole Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:07 am

Catching Eleanor's verbal and visual ques, Cole stepped in line to follow his partner out of the room. While Harkness skillfully managed to avoid Stu's outstretched hand entirely, Brandon decided to indulge the man a bit. Raising an eyebrow as he inspected the offered token of friendship, Cole promptly slapped his palm against Stu's own before offering an overly casual two finger salute as he exited the room. Increasing his pace to come shoulder to shoulder with her, he slipped his hands back into his pockets and yawned.

"Well that was all sorts of fun."

=========> EXIT (with Eleanor)

Gary Stu's Room Tumblr_m13pu2EyAN1qeihbqo2_500

Brandon Cole
Brandon Cole

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dungeon Master Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:51 pm

Stu watched from the hall as the other agents left. When they were sufficiently out of sight, he returned to the room. He closed the door and stood for a moment. His smile changed, elongating across his cheeks, his eyes squinting a bit. "That's who you are, then." He returned to his normal routine after that, starting with a rousing adventure story with Finn the Human and Jake the Dog.
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down