Dusk Crusade
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Orphanage Playground

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Orphanage Playground Empty Orphanage Playground

Post by Father Anthony Diem Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:49 pm

Anthony walked up to the playground of Sister Corvises, smiling at the children as they played. He knew that the sister was here, but not exactly sure where, and this building was quite large. Approaching a small girl he asked her if she wouldn't mind finding sister Corvis for him. She ran off to go find her and mean while anthony played ball with a few of the other children. Gently tossing the ball back at them, a small smile on his face.

Meanwhile, unknown to the world something was troubling him. Not greatly at the moment. But he had received a call that four priests had been murdered. As well as their church burnt down. People in the are had been disappearing for a while now. In fact had that gone on without any logical explanation he might have considered sending some of his own men over there. But now after the reports came back of what was found in the destruction of the church. He was even more concerned. There seemed to have been a number of guns in the area. He checked and the priests weren't members of True Cross nor had they been registered gun owners. Though it was possible that it was the murderers who had brought the guns, there was no evidence to support or deny that. What he did know however was that the priests had been seen wearing gloves at mass when touching the eucharist. This was not normal and most certainly not ok. Having thought on this for a while Anthony grew more and more suspicious of these priests. Unusual disappearances, in a large number at that. As well as people who would not touch the eucharist. All of that screamed vampire.

While Father Diem didn't want to believe that any number of those four priests had sold their souls to the devil. He was by no means a fool, and being that that seemed the most likely cause for what was happening. He grew even more concerned when they had died. Someone or something somewhere had killed what he suspected to be four vampiric enemies armed with guns, and surrounded by sacred objects they would most likely have found a way to use. He would be giving a call to other vampiric hunting agencies soon enough, as this was catholic land, and therefore true crosses jurisdiction. But even then he didn't think he was going to find out they had been the ones to kill those priests. No, he feared it was something alike to them. Another creature of the night, and a powerful one at that. He couldn't be sure. But he wanted to be, as such, he was going to send Sister Corvis to investigate them. He thought it best to choose her because she was their best. He wouldn't be taking chances against an enemy with potentially great, and unknown power.
Father Anthony Diem
Father Anthony Diem
Admin

Character sheet
Souls: 2
Organization: True Cross
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Orphanage Playground Empty Re: Orphanage Playground

Post by Veronica Corvis Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:20 pm

The nun's busy day of chores and dealing with the children were relatively routine at this point, and it came as no surprise that it was once again interrupted - as it had been so many times before - when a small girl under the orphanages care, named Anna, came to fetch her on behalf of Anthony Diem, who had apparently taken it upon himself to wait for her in the playground, no doubt having another mission for her.

Following the young child back out to the playground from the kitchen to meet with Father Diem, she told Anna to round up the others and take them back inside for lunch to give the two of them a little privacy. Once she made sure all of them were headed back inside, she'd address the True Cross leader.

"So, I doubt you've come here for some idle chatter. What is it?"

------
OOC: Ugh, tired. Bad post is bad.
Veronica Corvis
Veronica Corvis
Coder

Character sheet
Souls: 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Father Anthony Diem Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:20 pm

Anthony thanked the children for playing with him leaving them to play with each other, and moved to talk with Veronica. Registering her words and nodding his head at her. Stopping when he came close to her and talking lightly so the children wouldn't hear.

"No, I have not. I'd like to request something of you. There was recently four priests murdered in spain. However, that's not the bad part. I suspect that these priests had fallen in to vampirism. Given the many disappearances in the area, and the fact that they wore gloves when touching the eucharist leads me to believe it's them. Now the part that concerns me most, is that they were all four of them killed. Not a single other body found. There were even guns in the area. Though this is all of course speculation as the building was burnt. So I can't be sure on anything. However, for the very reason that things are so unknown, I'm sending you to investigate. Be warned, the adversary, or adversaries, must be very powerful to take down four vampires at once. Especially if they are alone. I wish you the best of luck if you choose to accept."
Father Anthony Diem
Father Anthony Diem
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Veronica Corvis Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:35 pm

A typical story.

Vampires always seemed to target churches, for some strange reason or another. Veronica found Father Diem's suspicion about them being vampires to be a bit off, considering the only thing he had to base it off of was a number of disappearances and the fact the four priests never directly touched the Eucharist, but if he wanted to believe that, then by all means; she wouldn't stop him. After all, while she wasn't as naive enough to think it wasn't an act of a few Children of the Night, as mass disappearances were a typical sign of a vampire's new feeding ground, she just preferred to have more concrete evidence to work with.

Regardless, though, she knew the signs all to well to simply dismiss Diem's suspicion.

A burnt down church, no bodies, several disappearances and a possible fifth vampire that was somehow involved in it all. It wasn't often that a vampire did their job for them, slaying it's own kind who had invaded a church as imposters, but sadly any inquiry as to why it was there or what it's purpose was would never be brought up, and any thought of thanking the abomination when she found him would be misplaced; it was a vampire, she didn't need any other reason to kill it aside from that. It had been a while since she last got to crucify one of them, as well, and she wasn't going to pass up another chance to do just that.

Then again, if a fifth vampire was involved then he had probably left the scene long ago; all the evidence most likely destroyed in the fires of the church. It would be troublesome, but not impossible, to track him down given the proper research methods, but overall she could tell this was going to be a slightly annoying case.

"Well then, if that's all there is then I best be on my way."

The nun flipped her greyish-silver hair over her shoulder as she turned and lazily waved, making her way toward the orphanage gate where a car would more than likely pick her up to take her toward her destination. A long trip, 17 hours worth by car, but it would give her enough time to rest up and slip back into her proper mindset.

-------> Exit (going to make a Hypocrisy in the Church continuation topic soon)
Veronica Corvis
Veronica Corvis
Coder

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Father Anthony Diem Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:01 pm

Anthony nodded his head to her after she spoke. Taking leave him self and waving at some of the children with a smile as he went back to his office. A slow anger burnt inside of him, though this one was far less concerning, at least to most. But not to him. Wether vampires or not, even worse if they were. They had dared to mock the eucharist. the very flesh, and the blood of christ himself. With gloved, and or unholy hands. Anthony scowled as he walked away. He only regretted not getting their before whoever killed them had.
Father Anthony Diem
Father Anthony Diem
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ada Koch Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:59 pm

---> Limbo

Ada walked up the hill leading to the Orphanage her adoptive mother Veronica owned, carrying multiple plastic bags full of groceries she'd been sent to retrieve from town. It was where she and numerous other children called home. One such child being one that was currently hanging off the back of her jacket whining. "ADA GIMME BACK MY LOLLI!!!" A small blonde girl cried in an ill tempered manner. Ada's face remained indifferent as she dragged the girl along behind her as she continued up hill. "Not gonna happen brat...You steal from me I steal from you." Ada said with her hands tucked into her pockets.

The small girl that Ada dragged along was a young girl who seemed to idolize Ada's past history of being a pick pocket. Thus the small girl had developed a habit of stealing Ada's things to prove herself worthy as a thief in Ada's eyes. Normally Ada didn't mind the small girl's behavior and would often just steal her things back while the little girl slept. But this time Ada had decided to get her property back in a different way. "B-But I don't have your IPOD!!!" The small girl whined stomping on the ground throwing a fit. Ada spotted her mother at the gate of the orphanage and felt a small smile form on her lips. She opened her mouth to greet her but closed it as she noticed her getting into a car.

Ada always wondered where her mother was going sometimes. She'd asked the nuns and priests at the orphanage before but she'd always been told the same rehearsed line over and over again. "It is nothing to concern yourself with, Mind your studies." She'd heard it so much she'd gotten sick of asking. For a while she'd be hoping to talk to her mom and ask her personally but lately she hadn't had the chance. As the car left Ada continued onward dragging the still whining girl behind her. "Lucretia my IPod didn't just fly out of my pocket...I've done this for years you really think I can't tell when I'm being robbed?" Ada asked glancing back at the girl.

Finally the little girl released Ada's jacket and sat on the ground pouting before reaching into the small toy purse the little girl carried and withdrawing the item Ada had been expecting. "How did you know it was me?" Lucretia muttered. Ada took the item back and slipped it into her pocket "You do what I did for so long and you know the difference between a Pro and an Amateur." Ada said as attempted to undo the latch on the gate with her foot wobbling dangerously on one leg.

Lucretia rushed forward and unlatched the gate pushing it open "You could fall!" The little girl said. Ada smiled "Thanks Lucy." Ada said walking through the gate. Ada reached into the hood of her jacket and pulled out a large lollipop that she'd bought for the girl earlier when they'd been at the market. "Here's your candy now mind getting some of your little minions to help get this stuff inside the kitchen?" Ada asked. The little girl nodded before rushing picking up a bag with both hands and rushing off to get help.

Ada spotted Father Diem or Uncle Tony as she'd taken to calling him walking away from the playground and walked toward him. As she approached she could see a look of slight aggravation on his face. Deciding to catch his attention from afar rather than invoking his wrath by coming to close she picked up a small pebble on the ground and tossed it at his back. "Yo! Uncle Tony?! You in there or are you in talking to Jesus in your head again?" Ada asked crossing her arms.
Ada Koch
Ada Koch
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Father Anthony Diem Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:10 pm

Anthony smiled gently when he heard the voice of Ada and felt the rock hit his back. Looking over to her for a moment then pretending to listen to someone he looked up and said.

"Yes father, I understand." then listening for a second more. "Oh, you don't say? Lot's of promise hm?" Then allowing a response he nodded his head as he walked over to Ada. "Should spend the day with her? Well Alright if you say so. You do know everything after all."

Anthony looked at his adopted niece, or at least thats what seemed to have happened, and thats what she came to mean to him. During the time she spent in the orphanage. Then asked her.

"So what are you up to my little mischief maker?" Out of the corner of his eye he caught movement and saw the groceries getting taking in. "Ah never mind, I see you've been busy. Well that was kind of you go get the groceries. What do you say I treat you to some ice cream for that?"
Father Anthony Diem
Father Anthony Diem
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ada Koch Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:31 am

Ada rolled her eyes as Tony proceeded to carry out a conversation with who she could only assume was God. As he finished speaking she gave him a playful punch in the shoulder "So the big guy upstairs is telling you good things about me huh? You know If he keeps this up I think I might actually start listening to Sister Agatha talk about him during bible study." Ada said. She highly doubted she'd listen to that old hag but she could at least try. Plus maybe if she could show the old nun that she actually listened every so often the damn nun would get off her back and stop sticking her in detention for sleeping during class.

Ada neglected to tell Tony that the reason she'd went down to pick up the groceries was part of the punishment she was being given by Sister Agatha for falling asleep during the sister's lecture about the New Testament. Though how the nun though that being sent into town was a punishment was beyond her. It allowed her to see a lot of her friends from her pick pocket days. Most of them were happy for her finding a home at the orphanage. A few of them had even begun thinking about coming to the orphanage.

"Ice Cream huh?" Ada crossed her arms for a moment to think but that stopped quickly. It was Ice Cream what did she really have to think about. "Ya sure sounds good to me." Ada said smiling. "Oh and for your information I have actually been behaving pretty well lately I haven't stolen anything in at least 2 weeks that is a new record." Ada said nodding.

Ada Koch
Ada Koch
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Father Anthony Diem Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:49 am

Father Anthony Diem smiled as Ada punched him. Listening to her and not very heartened that she hadn’t been paying attention in religion class. But ah well. The young were, well, they were young. Anthony believed in time she would come to find her faith. But as to when? He was not sure.  He would do his best however to nurture her faith, and help it grow as best he could. Anthony stepped next to Ada as she accepted his offer for ice cream beginning a slow walk to back to the city, where he would find ice cream being sold. He turned who walked next to him.

“So how have things been in the orphanage for you? I seem to remember some of the younger children liking you, right?”

Anthony was very concerned with how well Ada got along in the orphanage. He hoped it was good, as this place was supposed to be her new family for a while. As such it should feel welcoming and very accepting. Besides that, he knew that Veronica had taken her under her wing as a daughter. He wasn’t sure if she was planning to try and get her in to the order. But, he knew that it was certainly possible.

If she did intend to join the true cross that was not going to be an easy feat. He wanted her to have people to fall back on. To help her when things got to be to much. Because for real human beings like themselves, living in the world of monsters. Often it could get to be more than they could handle alone. Both mentally and physically.

Anthony looked her with a bit of hope. Hope that maybe she wouldn’t join the join true cross. That she would be alright with a normal happy life. But this was perhaps a bit of a selfish hope. As he would be genuinely crushed if this girl died before him. But he still, he was not allowed to let his emotions rule him. He was the leader of the True Cross, he had a duty to the people of the world, and to God himself. If this girl wanted and was able to join the True Cross, he wasn’t going to deny her entrance, or even try to persuade her not to. She would know the risks. The dangers.

OOC Did some puppeting, Sorry. I can change it though if you should like.
Father Anthony Diem
Father Anthony Diem
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ada Koch Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:31 pm

Ada walked alongside Tony on their way back downhill towards Town. She took a side glance toward him as he seemed to be thinking. That was one of the few issues with her Uncle that she had with him. He did more thinking than he did talking which made it kinda hard to get a clear view on what he was thinking about and it made it equally as hard to carry out a conversation with him. When he finally spoke she let out a small sigh of relief she had thought that they'd be walking the entire way in silence. If that were the case she'd have a nice smack across the back of the head ready with the bible her mother had given her a few days after she'd begun living at the orphanage.

"It's been okay I guess, And ya a few of the kids seem to like me. Lucretia sure does considering she seems to follow me around everywhere." Ada said shrugging. "I swear she's like a puppy a Blonde furless puppy." Ada said shaking her head. "So what about you Uncle Tony? How's being a man of god working out for you?" Ada asked. For as long as she'd known Tony she'd learned really quickly that he was one of the most god loving men on the face of the earth. To the point where he wouldn't even allow himself to curse.

At times she'd made it a game to attempt to anger Anthony enough to make him utter a curse even if just under his breath. But as of yet all her attempts had been met with failure. As she ordered her ice cream and began to eat it she glanced to across the street and saw a few friends from her pickpocket days standing around on a street corner looking for any marks to get their meal for the day. She glanced towards Tony for a moment only to see him in one of his thinking trances. She sighed and snapped her fingers infront of Tony's face "Yo! Uncle Tony I'll be right back I'm gonna go say hi to my friends." Ada said.
Ada Koch
Ada Koch
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Father Anthony Diem Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:20 am

Anthony smiled when she answered that she was getting along at least ok at the orphanage, responding.

"Well that's good."

Then hearing her question to him. Anthony thought for just a moment before he sad.

"It's been going very well. Actually, that's not true. I was just told one of our churches was burnt down in spain."

Anthony did not want to reveal anything more to this girl at the moment. Not sure if revealing the world of walking nightmares, even though he much rather would have said something more to her.

Finally very soon after they reached the ice cream, and Anthony bought Ada some. Not buying any for himself not being very hungry. Then thinking about what to say next Ada told him she was going to go see her friends. Anthony nodded and smiled at her again.

"Alright Ada. That's fine."
Father Anthony Diem
Father Anthony Diem
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ada Koch Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:00 pm

Ada frowned at the mention of a church being burnt down. Sure she wasn't a big fan of the Catholic church but it didn't mean she wanted anyone from it to get hurt. She opened her mouth to ask if anyone had been hurt but shut it. What use was it to know if anyone was hurt all it would do is ruin her day. She backed away and turned on her heel walking across the street over to where her friends were. "Sophia, Sean good morning!" Ada said smiling at the two teenagers sitting on the sidewalk scoping out the passing bystanders for the right mark to pick.

Sophia smiled standing and hugging Ada tightly "Look at you amica dressed in the miniskirt and everything." Sophia teased pulling a bit on Ada's skirt. Ada swatted Sophia's hands away "Zitto!" Ada hissed blushing a bit, She hated the skirt they made her wear for school the damn things always seemed to shrink a bit whenever she put it in the laundry and she could literally feel the eyes of boys on her at times. "It's not that short is it?" Ada asked quietly.

"It's short enough to make you look good Ada." Sean said smirking up at Ada from his place on the sidewalk. "Behave monello from what I've heard in the letters you two leave me your spoken for." Ada said crossing her arms and tilting her head towards Sophia. Sophia smiled "So how has the orphanage treated you?" Sophia asked. Ada shrugged "It's been good thus far if you don't count the near skull fractures I get from my mother." Ada muttered. Sophia winced "I still can't believe she just adopted you right off the street." Sophia said. She'd recalled hearing rumors from other street rats around Rome about Ada being kidnapped by some woman dressed as a Nun. And for a while she began to believe it when Ada disappeared for nearly a month.

"So where is mommy dearest?" Sean asked getting up and looking around the street. Ada shrugged "She had to leave on business I'm here with Father Diem from the orphanage." Ada said nodding her head to the man across the street. Sophia leaned forward narrowing her eyes "Kinda absentminded for a priest isn't he?" Sophia said. Sean nodded leaning on Ada's shoulder "Oh yeah I'm sure I could steal the robes off of him and he wouldn't know." Sean said. Ada shook her head "He's not a mark you two..." Ada said. Sophia put up her hands defensively "Hey it's not us you need to tell you know him he's safe, It's some of the other outfits you need to worry about." Sophia said.

Ada frowned "Is Pietro still giving you guys trouble?" Ada asked. Sophia nodded "He's been doing snatch and grabs in broad daylight you know that publicity is never good for our occupation." Sophia said. Ada scowled "I see...You think he'll be around today." Ada asked. Sophia jerked her head towards the front of a liquor store. There infront of the liquor store were a small group of teens around Ada's age wearing black hoodies. "Not the most discreet bunch are they." Ada muttered. Sean chuckled "Not at all Officer Verdi has already caught most of them at least once I think the only one he hasn't gotten his hands on is Pietro." Sean said. Ada crossed her arms before turning away. As Ada turned the group infront of the liquor store glanced towards Tony before getting to their feet and stalking towards Tony dispersing into the crowd.

Sean cursed under his breath "Ada it looks like your priest friend is in for some trouble." Sean said. Ada quickly turned and saw the group dispersing as they began to position themselves around Tony waiting to strike. "Shit!" Ada hissed before walking into the crowd heading straight towards Tony only to have an arm grip her around the waist pulling her back. She instinctively thrust her elbow back into her "Attackers." gut causing them to stumble back. Ada quickly turned and scowled seeing the dirty face of one of her rivals "Pietro..." Ada hissed. "What's your hurry Koch?" The gruff boy said. Ada pointed towards Tony "He's off limits back off." Ada said.

Pietro smirked "Off limits? Since when do you make the rules Koch?" Pietro said. Ada crossed her arms "Since I left you in the dumpster 2 years ago." Ada said giving the boy a smirk of her own. The boy scowled "That was a long time ago you don't tell me what to do!" Pietro hissed thrusting a finger against Ada's chest before smirking. "What's this anyway huh? A good little catholic schoolgirl now?" Pietro said condescendingly.

(Sorry if you wanted to spend more quality time with Ada Tony but what better way than to help her beat down one of her biggest life rivals ^-^)
Ada Koch
Ada Koch
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Father Anthony Diem Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:34 pm

OOC Haha, this is ok, Don't worry Smile

Anthony looked up as soon as his peripheral vision caught danger in the area, more specifically danger towards his niece. He frowned slightly and became alert, This was no longer a stroll to get ice cream. This was serious. He walked slowly forward his eyes scanning the area. A group of young people in dark hoods were all around him. They stared at him like a predator and prey. Hmm, It looked to him like a group of thieves. In all honesty these young people were terrible muggers. At least in comparison to Anthony's ability to spot them. They may have been a step up from beginners sure, but they weren't unholy creatures of the night that could bend darkness to their will. Unlike some of the monsters he had fought before. Reaching Ada he smiled at the pair of them, but there was a hard look in his eyes when he looked at the boy. Laying a hand on his shoulder and making sure to look down on him, and accentuate their height and build difference. Sure Anthony wasn't the biggest guy ever, but he was certainly extremely muscular and at such close range that would show even more. He said with a calloused voice.

"I wouldn't continue with what you have planned here boy. It could end up very bad for you especially if you touch this girl."

Pulling out his wallet (which had approximately fifty dollars worth of money in it. A large amount on priests salary.) He handed it to the boy.

"Take this and go. Call your friends off too, and if any of you ever need a meal your welcome to stop by our orphanage. I can promise you we wouldn't let children starve."

Anthony finished less harsh. He understood that circumstance could drive people to do things they maybe wouldn't like to be doing. Perhaps that still wasn't an excuse. But it was not on him to judge these people. Or guide them as best he could. He then laid a gentle hand on Ada's still alert but not so threatening.

"Are you ok Ada? I hope you aren't hurt."
Father Anthony Diem
Father Anthony Diem
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ada Koch Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:47 am

Pietro snatched the wallet smirking as he counted the money before pocketing it. "So this is what the great Ada Koch is reduced to? A little bible reading church girl who needs her priest to stand up for her? Oh how the might have fallen." Pietro laughed. Pietro's friends formed up behind him clustered together glaring at Ada and Tony from beneath their hoods. Sophia and Sean had taken up positions on either side of Ada and Tony. Ada clenched her fist and shrugged off Tony's hand she wasn't angry but she didn't exactly like having her battles fought for her. "I'm fine Uncle Tony I can handle a few idiots in hoods." Ada said glaring at Pietro.

During Ada's life as a street urchin many of her kind stuck together forming tight knit groups. Ada had her own one that she lead and took care of. While Pietro had his own as well, They all did their business differently. Ada's outfit did hers discreetly and quietly while Pietro had a more aggressive and frontal approach. Needless to say Ada and Pietro's groups had clashed in the past over various things. From territory to flat out assaults on Ada's people in the streets. Needless to say after years of clashing together Ada had grown to hate the boy in front of her.

"Watch the attitude Koch you don't want to upset your god now do you?" Pietro mocked wearing a smug smirk only to receive a punch straight to his nose. "Just because I go to church doesn't make me a pacifist you hood wearing little shit!" Ada growled. Pietro scrabbled backwards holding his nose which was now profusely bleeding with blood. "You bitch!" Pietro growled getting to his feet and advancing towards the girl. Ada moved forward only to be blocked by Pietro's group. "Move or I'll break your noses too!" Ada growled.

Sophia moved forward gripping Ada's arm "Ada stop you made your point." Sophia said pulling on her arm trying to make her back down. Ada glared at the boy bleeding behind the wall of bodies "You mess with my friends again and I'll do worse you hear me!" Ada hissed. Pietro spread his arms wide "I'm right here Koch!" Pietro said smirking. Sean stood infront of Ada and Sophia "Forget about it Ada he isn't worth it." Sean said.

Ada Koch
Ada Koch
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Father Anthony Diem Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:52 pm

Anthony who did not have a cell phone told a near by pedestrian to call the police to break this up, very loudly so that other children would hear. Then coming over quickly he stepped between them and shouted.

"Enough!"

Glaring at the gang of boys attacking he said to them coldly and certainly.

"You can leave now, before the police show up, or your welcome to stay, and receive injuries, and then be arrested."

Anthony was aware that this might back fire on the other children, key word. Might. For it most certainly would not if he was with them, and took their side. This was not only the vatican, of which he was a priest. But he also happened to be the leader of perhaps the most deadly organization on the planet. A demon hunter. He had more than enough leverage to avoid legal trouble. Especially considering how he talked with the pope frequently.

Anthony let his hands relax a little. Near the stage of taking an Akido stance. An effective form of martial arts that was used to fight groups, but didn't have to be harmful. Perfect for this situation.

However while Anthony's attention was mainly on the group of Pietro, he did not take his eyes from Ada or her friends either. He knew what all the young could be like, even if he was on their side. He still didn't trust them to not do anything stupid.
Father Anthony Diem
Father Anthony Diem
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ada Koch Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:19 pm

Ada's fist clenched as Tony stood between the two angry groups of teenagers. She didn't need Tony to fight her battles for her but she kept her protests to herself. Tony's words had little effect on her temper, To her the situation was simple Pietro had been using her absence as an excuse to do whatever he wanted. Back when she was around Pietro stayed in check somewhat, Every so often he'd act up but he'd never been so bold as to challenge her like this. Pietro wasn't a fighter he was a coward who hid behind his goons like a wannabe mob boss. It was one of the reasons she hated him he just watched, ordered and took. He didn't take the fall because he never participated directly in his thefts like Ada had.

"Your gutless Pietro you won't fight me like a man because you aren't one!" Ada growled from behind Tony. Her temper was rising by the second just the presence of the boy in front of her made her blood boil. Pietro pushed forward not exactly infront of his goons but in the midst of them. He pointed a finger at Anthony "You think your a big man huh standing up for this little bitch but just you wait you won't always be around." Pietro said while his other hand covered his nose giving his words a nasally tone to them.

Ada pulled against Sophia's grip "I'll break your damn jaw!" Ada hissed. Pietro and his goons quickly turned tail and ran as two police officers rushed onto the street chasing the group. As the officers passed another officer approached this one was extremely familiar to Ada. "Ada Koch...It's been quite a long time since i've seen you." The man said. Ada glanced at the man and sighed "Buongiorno Signore Verdi." Ada said. "I should have known you were mixed up in all this." Officer Verdi said.

Ada crossed her arms "If you must know it was that idiot Pietro again, Not me." Ada muttered.

Ada Koch
Ada Koch
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Father Anthony Diem Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:23 am

Anthony stepped in and confirmed Ada's story to the cop. Shaking his hand and asking him to get someone to pursue those other children. Thinking they seemed dangerous to Ada's friends and most people in general. Turning back to ada he sighed and rubbed the bridge of his nose before speaking to her.

"Ada I admire your bravery, and fighting has it's place. But you can't let things escalate like that, especially not so quickly. Someone could have been hurt here today."

But suddenly looking down at this girl he imagined just how well his words were bouncing off her and how little she cared for them. He smiled at her now, and decided that he might as well say what was on his mind.

"But...since there doesn't seem to be any harm done, I must say that you really did a number on that boys nose." Anthony laughed slightly as he remembered it. "Where did you learn to punch like that anyway? I'm imagining that you'll say it was on the streets, probably to survive eh? Now just imagine how good you could get with an instructor." Smiling still he layed a hand on her shoulder.

"I know it seems that at times I might ignore you, perhaps miss some of the smaller details. But I can safely say that I'm proud of you today Ada, and your actions, even if they might have been a bit rash."
Father Anthony Diem
Father Anthony Diem
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Veronica Corvis Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:46 pm

Whether or not the mission she had been sent on was fruitful was up for debate. In her mind, it was hardly worth long ride and dull trip to simply confirm that vampires died there. Regardless, she was back in Rome now, and she had taken a bit of time to stop by a few shops on her way back to the Orphanage. Proof of such visits would be the plastic back hanging from her wrist, the confines of which was a large black and orange scarf and a few other trinkets that would be used as gifts for the children.

However, something odd caught her attention as she rounded a corner. A group of children running from the police. That seemed extremely familiar, but Veronica was intent on letting the group pass. It wasn't her business, and since the police were already involved then she felt the situation was already under their control. That is, until the brat in the lead of the group - still running toward her - threatened to hold her hostage if the cops didn't bug off, revealing a small pocket knife. The others seemed to shout their agreement toward the pursuing police as well.

Staring at the approaching street urchins with a rather amused look on her face, all thoughts of simply letting them go about their business quickly disappeared. Honestly, when did Rome become so full of unruly children? Veronica's free hand had found itself gripping one of her bibles in her satchel as she stepped forward, casually side stepping the approaching orphans as they approached before suddenly blurring by them in a burst of speed.

A feat that stunned and shocked the lot of them.

The spine of her reinforced bible found a target on the crown of each of their skulls as she danced around them, bringing each of them to their knees in a rather comical fashion from each of the forceful "thwacks" she delivered, including Pietro, who had dropped his pocket knife in the process. Not missing a single step or stopping in the slightest, she casually went about her way as she came out from behind the group, her bible finding it's place in her satchel once again.  

"Unruly children are unsightly. Learn to behave."

She'd leave them to the police, who weren't far behind, each possessing a dumbfounded look on their face from what they had just witnessed. It wasn't anything too out of the ordinary, was it? A woman had to defend herself, after all.  

"They're all yours, officers," she said as she strolled by, a smirk on her face while continuing on toward the orphanage.

The trip didn't take very long, having grown up and lived in Rome her entire life, she knew quite a few short cuts to lessen the travel time. Arriving at the front of the orphanage with the playground in open view, Veronica survey the surroundings before spotting both Anthony and Ada. Upon seeing her daughter, she waved lightly and lifted up the bag in her free hand, waving it back and forth teasingly.
Veronica Corvis
Veronica Corvis
Coder

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ada Koch Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:45 am

As Anthony had thought his words had bounced off Ada. She was a bit ticked off that Tony had seen it fit to step in on her behalf both with Pietro and the police. She knew he meant well but she'd spent so many years fending for herself that she just felt like she didn't need anyone to look out for her. The only person she'd really let in was Veronica, Tony was working his way into her life but she knew that he and her mother didn't really see eye to eye on some things and that led to some distance between them. In the end Ada would stand by Veronica in whatever it was the two were disagreeing on.

She smirked as Tony complimented her on her punch, Before she could tell him that she'd learned it on the street he'd already guessed as much. "Geez talk about a one-sided conversation Uncle Tony want to say everything else before I say it too?" Ada said jokingly. She glanced towards him "But ya, learned it on the streets. When you grow up by yourself you need to either know how to throw a punch or take one preferably both." Ada said nodding in confirmation of point. Ada was one of the few people that could do both which led to Pietro's dislike of her. Pietro couldn't do either he couldn't punch and he couldn't take a hit. Which is why he surrounded himself with bodies to act as a safety net for himself.

Once she and Tony had made their way back to the orphanage after she'd bid her friends Sophia and Sean farewell she spent most of her time playing take the ball from Ada with a few of the kids. A fun game that involved Ada holding a ball above her head while a bunch of the orphanage kids did their best trying to retrieve it from her. Usually with amusing results involving them trying to mob her while she ran around the yard. What made it so amusing this time was the fact that she was sitting in the Orange tree sister Agatha had planted in the front yard while the kids sat around taking turns trying to climb the tree failing each time.

"Keep trying Ezio you'll get the hang of it eventually." Ada said as she peeled an orange and popped one of the slices into her mouth. Ezio was one of the older boys in the orphanage and also the child that had come closest to reaching her before Ada had pulled one of the branches of the tree and showered the boy in oranges. She smirked as she heard a thud indicating that Ezio like many of the others had fallen flat on their butt in their attempts to reach her. "Oooh so close mi amico." Ada said with mock sympathy glancing down at the boy staring up at her with a sour expression on his face.

Suddenly she heard most of the children squeal or shout in excitement as they all got up and dashed away towards the gate of the orphanage. Ada gripped the branch she was sitting on and hung down from it before dropping down to the ground. She looked toward the gate and smiled as she saw Veronica waving from the gate with a bag in her hand. Ada walked over to Veronica working her way through the ocean of children surrounding her and gave a wave to her mother. "Hey mom!" Ada said smiling still holding the ball over her head as numerous children attempted to climb her to reach it.

Ada Koch
Ada Koch
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Father Anthony Diem Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:43 am

Anthony leaned against the tree, his shoulder to it as Veronica came back, smiling tiredly at her. Sad his day had ended but also glad she had returned. The sooner she got back to him with her findings, the sooner he would be able to figure out what had happened to that church. The sooner he might be able to put an end to more murder sprees like this. Anthony would wait however for her to come to him. There was no reason that it needed to be right now. Besides that Anthony didn't want to ruin the children's excitement of her returning by pulling her away to talk about "business." No, there wasn't any reason to do that. Soon enough he would know, and then he could make preparations. As Anthony thought over this, a steely glint entered his eyes. How long had it been since he had gone on a mission himself? Perhaps a while. He figured that he should probably probably go on as soon as he could. While it was true, things didn't run as smoothly with him out of his desk. That didn't matter so much compared to the long run of things. A man shouldn't ask his soldiers to do anything he wouldn't do himself. It was also good for the people under him to see him bleed with them, and walk through all the gore and darkness they did. It helped them to understand he knew exactly what he was sending them in to. As well as to keep himself sharp.

Anthony got out of his train of thought and turned to Ada saying to her.

"I have to go now Ada, many things to do. But it was very nice of you to spend some time with your uncle."

Anthony smiled at her as he continued.

"It does an old man good to spend some time with the younger people. Tell you what Ada, if you can avoid getting punished for a week straight, or at least hide it from me. I'll take you for another ice cream. That is if you care to spend some more time with me."

Anthony had thought over his proposition throughout the day. He had decided that it would probably be good for her, and him. She might just attempt to stay out of so much trouble, and he would get to spend a little more time with her.

"Though I might be going off for a bit of work soon I'll find time for you, either before or after I'm back."
Father Anthony Diem
Father Anthony Diem
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Veronica Corvis Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:35 am

Smirking at the sight of her daughter being swarmed by the children - which was something she, herself, had to deal with on a daily basis - it was rather comical, especially considering the ones that tried to climb her like she was a tree to reach the ball she held overhead.

However, as much of an amusing sight that it was, she had to part the child sea to hand out the gift she had bought. So, abiding by child psychology and years of experience caring for them, she did the most reasonable thing; she bribed them with sweets.

"Sister Maya told me before I left that she was baking cookies for everyone. Why don't you all go see if they're done?"

This was, unfortunately, a small lie. However, knowing the children and Sister Maya's meek and caring personality, the children could talk her into baking them just about anything if they all asked her too. So it wasn't completely mischievous of her. Regardless, she gave a warm smile and waved them off as they broke away toward the orphanage's kitchen in an excited dash to find the other Nun and the aforementioned sweets.

Once they were gone, she'd turn her attention to Ada and the bag currently on her own arm. Reaching inside, Veronica would produce a large black and orange scarf. Rather long even for similar neck ware, it was definitely unique with regards to being nearly as long as Veronica was tall. Upon retrieving it, she'd casually throw it on and loop it loosely around Ada's neck a few times before stepping back to check how it looked. After seeing that it oddly complimented and suit her, she nodded to herself.

"Here, this should keep you warm enough whenever you get cold. Think of it as a sort of early birthday present, alright?"
Veronica Corvis
Veronica Corvis
Coder

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ada Koch Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:26 am

Ada glanced at Tony before she moved to run towards Veronica as he mentioned spending time together again. She gave him a small smile she flicked him on the forehead with her pointer finger "Your not that old Tony, And I swear you'll never know a thing." Ada said putting her left hand up in an oath like gesture. There was no way she'd go a week without some sort of trouble it was just in her nature. She gave him a wave before rushing towards Veronica eager to see her mother even though she hadn't really been gone long.

Ada watched the sea of children around her rush off towards the orphanage kitchen and let out a small sigh of relief. The kids had endless amounts of energy while she tossed the ball she was holding over towards the playground and turned to Veronica smiling. "You know you just made Sister Maya's life a living hell by doing that right?" Ada said, She knew Sister Maya well mainly because it was Sister Maya who often encouraged her to try her hand at cooking. Something she'd thus far been most unsuccessful with. She knew that Maya wasn't a very stern person and with a few pouty faces she'd be making as many cookies as those little monsters wanted.

"First she'll need to bake all those cookies and then she'll be at the mercy of 16 little kids hopped up on sugar." Ada said shaking her head feeling slightly sympathetic for the unsuspecting nun inside the orphanage. She opened her mouth to ask Veronica how her trip had been but went quiet as she watched Veronica pull out a piece of black and orange fabric. Her eyes widened as Veronica continued to pull more and more from the bag, Once Veronica had drawn the entire garment from the bag she stood still as she looped it around her neck loosely. Once she'd finished Ada looked down seeing that the two ends of the scarf still hung down quite low down near the end of her skirt.

She took hold of the scarf and ran her fingers over it's soft surface, She looked toward Veronica and smiled. It was a simple gift but it was one that meant quite alot to her. All her life she'd never received anything for her birthday for most of her life she hadn't even known when her birthday was until the orphanage had did an investigation into finding out leading them to find her birth certificate. The fact that Veronica as her parent had remembered her birthday and had gotten her something was like taking a wrecking ball to the walls Ada had set up around herself. For a moment Ada looked at the scarf and then suddenly threw her arms around Veronica's neck hugging her tightly.

"Thanks mom it's the best gift ever..."
Ada Koch
Ada Koch
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Veronica Corvis Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:25 am

OOC: Been more than enough time. Skipping to keep things rollin', rollin', rollin'~
-------------------------------------

Ada may have had a point there. Sister Maya was a kind and meek woman, but handling the entirety of the playground might have been a bit much. Veronica made a mental note to apologize to her later if she survived the exhaustion that came with meeting the demands of several children. Either way, it was nice to be back on the orphanage grounds despite her trip having not been very long.

However, the situation changed slightly when she heard her daughter utter another foul word. She sighed, both out of sheer astonishment and futility, as her eye twitched slightly. It was a common occurrence with her, yet no matter how hard the Nun tried she couldn't break the girl of it. Veronica mentally shrugged off giving her another Veronica-chop given the situation.

A look of surprise appeared on Veronica face for a brief moment from Ada's sudden hug, before she moved her arms around her in turn to embrace her daughter, letting a small smile touch her lips.

"You're welcome, dear. It's not much, but it's the best I could do at the moment. Also, remember to control your language...." She threw in that last bit after a moment of silence, seemingly unable to let her small quirk go. At least it wasn't followed by a swing of her bible, like usual.
Veronica Corvis
Veronica Corvis
Coder

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Father Anthony Diem Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:31 am

OOC: thats fine, should post soonish for everything. maybe today.
Father Anthony Diem
Father Anthony Diem
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ada Koch Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:42 am

Ada smiled nervously rubbing the back of her head "Right, I'm working on that sorry mom." Ada said laughing nervously. She smiled down at the scarf wrapped around her neck. She wanted to say more to express her thanks even more than she had but she couldn't think of anything else she could do that she hadn't done already. She was surprised that she hadn't received a Veronica chop from her mother for her slip the moment the word had left her lips but she wasn't going to complain about it. And she was so happy even if she had taken a Veronica chop she'd probably still be smiling like an idiot.

She played with the fabric of the scarf for a few more moments the excitement from merely receiving the gift being still so fresh in her mind. But still one question lingered in her mind that seemed to pull at the edges of it asking for an answer. "Mom? If you don't mind me asking where did you go?" Ada asked. She really wanted to ask what she was doing when she left the orphanage. She was pretty sure these churches had enough people so they didn't need another nun and the fact that her mother had the stamina and speed of an Olympic track runner was something that had her thinking about what her mother really did.
Ada Koch
Ada Koch
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down