Dusk Crusade
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Main Mess Hall

+3
Seung Soo Young
Brandon Cole
Eleanor Harkness
7 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Main Mess Hall - Page 2 Empty Re: Main Mess Hall

Post by Roy Dimercurio Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:09 am

-----------entering from track

"Holy H*ll. What happened here?" Roy inquired to no one in particular, as he entered the mess. No one else seemed to care, but he could see a lot of blood stains on the ground, and a little bit around that area to. Like there was an accident, or a fight.

Roy gave a glance around to see if anyone looked hostile, and if there was still a chance for danger in the area. But on the contrary, most everyone looked pretty docile, almost, subdued. Discipline maybe, Roy thought might be why that blood is there. Roy turned to his companion and nodded towards where the actual food was being served. He had smelled the air from a ways back, and he didn't know what exactly they were serving, but he knew there was meat here. This was good.

"I'm sure it's nothing. Seems like the fight cleared up."
Roy Dimercurio
Roy Dimercurio

Character sheet
Souls: 2
Organization: V.W.A.T
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Achilles Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:23 am

===> Track

Entering the mess hall, Achilles sent a cursory glance towards the blood marks upon the floor before dismissing it as irrelevant. Whatever had been the cause of it was clearly no longer an issue so why should she concern herself with it? A much more productive use of her time was grabbing a spot in the line awaiting food ahead of Roy. By the time that her dining partner had finished his surveillance of the room's air, the Greek's plate was already half full of food. It was a striking change compared to the average diet of her day where meat was generally a luxury for the rich. Granted, her substantial social status had never really made that an obstacle but the point stood nonetheless. Here, they did not exactly cater to her traditional diet but she managed anyway, selecting several slices of pork, mixed vegetables, and a bottle of water.

Making her way to an unoccupied table, she felt a few eyes on her, likely dismissing her as any other convict before returning to their own devices. No stranger to attention, it did little to unnerve her at this point and she simply sat down to await Roy.
Achilles
Achilles

Character sheet
Souls: 4
Organization: VWAT
Race: Advanced Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Roy Dimercurio Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:37 am

Roy made his way along the line of food, grabbing things like a potato, an apple, some grapes, and two slices of the pork, he put some butter on the potato and salt on the pork. He grabbed a bottle of water as well for his beverage, and then made his way towards Megali. He took in a lot of what was in the area, and saw quite a few familiar faces, two especially he noticed. The first had been Suu, who had been leaving with Kiera. He did not know what to think of Suu, but hated the way which Kiera carried herself. Hated it partially cause it threw him right off, and he had believed her smile, her body language. At least, almost.

There was virtually no way to tell her apart from someone who is genuine. Except those eyes, that smile didn't match those eyes sometimes. Maybe it was that he looked at prisoners who had not only lost hope of escaping their prison but didn't even care if they did anymore that he was able to look at her, and know. That no matter which way she moved her mouth, she didn't have a single true care for the world around here.

He sat down to face Megali on the other side of the table visibly disgusted by his thoughts, using his fork he mashed down his potato and started to spread some of his butter over it. Roy snapped himself out his train of thought when he remembered who he was with. He looked up and wondered again what to ask Megali. There was little he felt he could ask he had not already, without being personal, and getting shut off.

"So Megali, tell me. Do you anything for fun?"
Roy Dimercurio
Roy Dimercurio

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Achilles Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:01 am

Watching Roy approach the table, Achilles couldn't help but notice another slight change in his demeanor. For whatever reason, the man was visibly upset by something. Slicing into a piece of pork, she filed the information away and waited to see if he would act on it. "Good to know that even his patience has limits," she thought, mildly curious as to what it had taken to put the normally mild mannered man in such a mood. However, it was only a moment before it was gone and Roy was once again seated with a relaxed smile on his face.

To her surprise, the food was actually quite good. Seemed like the onward march of time hadn't been so bad after all if it meant easy access to food like this. Swallowing a mouthful of vegetables, she washed it down with a sip of water before answering Roy. "I spend my time reading of history. I have just reached the founding of this country." Quite honestly, between her physical training and relentless "catch up" education, she did not particularly have much time for developing hobbies.
Achilles
Achilles

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Roy Dimercurio Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:59 pm

Roy nodded his head again as she spoke. That made sense, there was no way she would be this strong if she had plenty of free time on her hands. As it was she desperately needed that catching up on history thing. Still though, she should take breaks occasionally, just anything but work and nothing else. That would be enough to drive someone insane.

Roy dug in to his own food and finished his own mouthful before responding. "Alright. That's makes sense."
Roy was a little surprised he hadn't asked this before, but he had just assumed the answer was no. Why? Because she was young, but that hadn't stopped her from surprising him in many other ways. Maybe thi too would be an unexpected surprise.

Megali, have you fought these creatures before; like vampires, and were wolves, monsters like that?"

Roy waited for her answer, his eyes on his plate, but still in his peripheral vision he took notice of her. He wanted to see how she reacted to this, not caring if she was lying or not so much as he just wanted to know how she felt about being asked something like this.
Roy Dimercurio
Roy Dimercurio

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Achilles Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:18 pm

Finishing another sip of her water, Achilles examined the bottle a bit, turning it over in her hand to see if she was able to read everything on the label by now. Pronouncing a few of the ingredients would still be beyond her but that might very well have held true for native speakers too. Even with her limited experience, Achilles could tell that there was often a very stark difference between how English was supposedly meant to be spoken and how it was actually spoken in practice. The more complex ingredients aside, she was pleasantly surprised that written English was gradually becoming more familiar to her as were a few of the groundbreaking inventions that were commonplace by today's standards. The bottle, for instance, she recognized as "plastic." Evidently it was used in just about everything today. Though useful, Achilles couldn't shake the feeling that it just felt cheap in comparison to proper metal or wood.

Setting down her bottle of water, the Greek took a bite from one of her carrots just as Roy inquired about her experience with the supernatural. Little did the man know that she had far more than a passing knowledge of beasts like vampires and werewolves. Her time had been blessed, or perhaps cursed, with an extremely close connection to the gods of old and their various supernatural offspring. Momentarily shutting her eyes to swallow, she nodded once before responding.

"I often fought the spawn of Lycaon and Lamia. What of you?" she asked, taking another bite out of her carrot.

Achilles
Achilles

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Roy Dimercurio Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:32 pm

She took that quite well, and Roy was surprised that the asnwer was not only yes but that she had done it commonly. Roy took another chunk out of his meat with his fork. Roy was almost actually sad that this was the case however. Internally he had wanted to have at least had more experience than her. But as it was it seemed she was possibly the hardest challenge he had ever tried to overcome in his life.

Roy answered lukewarmly, not ashamed of his record but not as experienced or hardened as he'd have liked.

"I actually came here because I accidentally killed a vampire. That wasn't to long ago, and I've been on a few missions since then. Not that much to brag about, especially after those little, I don't even know. They were small, and fury, and worked with metal like they were magical, Gremlins or something. I killed of few of them, but the rest drove off in a stolen jeep. That night was just strange."

As Roy remembered the fight with the Gremlins he took on a slightly exasperated look, at just how strange it was to fight these little creatures that really weren't all that dangerous, after having killed the likes of vampires and werewolves.
Roy Dimercurio
Roy Dimercurio

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Achilles Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:21 pm

Roughly midway through her meal, Achilles' gaze was too focused on her food to examine any noticeable changes in Roy's expression or body language following her answer. Though she would never admit it, the food offered in this facility was growing on her very quickly. Of course, regardless of whether or not the woman admitted it outright was somewhat undercut by the rate at which she wolfed down bite after bite.

Finally taking a pause to catch her breath and take another sip of water, among other things, she caught a few oddities in Roy's stories of adventure with the supernatural. How did one "accidentally" kill a vampire? Had he simply killed one without knowing what it was? Or had his nerve failed only for him to attain victory though sheer luck? Whatever the answer, it didn't really change matters all that much. Precisely how Roy had gained his current experience was far less important compared to the nature of the experience itself.

On the other hand, these "gremlins" he spoke of warranted a bit of discussion. Small, hairy creatures of the earth skilled at manipulating metal...could he be referring to the Dactyls? She could hardly imagine such creatures, employed by Hephaestus himself, to behave as mere vandals. Then again, she also never would have imagined machines capable of flight so it was a bit of a moot point.

Spearing a sliced piece of potato with her fork, Achilles made a slight sweeping motion with the utensil as she finally replied. "How could you 'accidentally' kill a monster? And this jeep you speak of, it is an automobile?"
Achilles
Achilles

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Roy Dimercurio Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:33 am

Roy chuckled a bit, he had asked himself that same first question a few times before. Looking up from his plate after taking a few more bites while she asked of the jeep, downing it with water. He nodded slightly with his head right before saying.

"Ya, it is. Used to transport soldiers around the base normally. And that is an interesting story...I had followed this man when I was just in the normal military, I took a trip off base and saw him following someone, he looked pretty suspicious so I followed him. I think he caught on to this, cause he led me in to an ally. Then attacked me, he was so fast, too fast actually. I ducked under his attempt to lunge at me, and he sailed over my head. I think he was just getting used to his abilities. I pulled out my gun at that point and unloaded a few bullets in to his skull. That stunned him, it took the rest to kill him. After that, a few more missions, some more vampires, one lycan I think. Lots of ghouls, those are just target practice though."

Roy wondered what she would think of this story, it had certainly been unexciting, and he certainly hadn't been able to give her the gory details he might have liked. But he hoped it was good enough to at least not be labeled green in her eyes. Not of course, that they would make him so. Still though, Megali was absolutely someone he wanted to impress, regardless of if he was competing with her or not.
Roy Dimercurio
Roy Dimercurio

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Achilles Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:06 am

All but devouring the rest of her food, Achilles washed down the last of it with another swig of water before shoving the plate off to the side. She leaned forward and settled her elbow against the tabletop, resting her chin in the palm of her hand. Roy's story was rather typical, all things considered. Well-meaning man spies another in trouble and goes to their aid only to be swept up into a more complicated situation than they expected.

From that point she assumed he either volunteered directly or was more likely approached by this organization and offered a position of service. "Offered" was of course the key word here. Absentmindedly running her thumb along her jawline and further down her neck to the electrical collar, Achilles could scarcely say she had the same privilege. From what she had heard, other prisoners served with the understanding that they could eventually earn their freedom and forgiveness for their crimes. And yet despite being having committed no crimes, Achilles did not even have that. Slowly but surely, she was beginning to make peace with the modern era and accept her renewed lease on life but the issue of her freedom remained a smoldering flame in the deepest recesses of her mind.

However, now was not the time to sit and begrudge her lot in life. At least not when there was a bit of entertainment left to be had with her conversation partner. She simply shrugged as he dismissed the underlings of vampires as mere target practice. "I prefer practicing on horsemen," she said flatly.
Achilles
Achilles

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Roy Dimercurio Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:30 am

Roy saw her fingering her collar, perhaps distastefully, he still didn't understand why it was there. She did not seem like a criminal, just a warrior. In fact, she seemed like such a devoted warrior that he didn't feel there was room in her heart for criminal activities.

Roy saw Megali devour the last of her food, he had at least one piece of meat left. She ate like some of the soldiers he had seen, they took in all that they could, as fast as they could. Because they never knew when they would find another meal.

Roy saw her pushing her meal aside and leaning on her hand a bit closer as she spoke to him. She was a woman of few, few words. But he got the impression she wanted to speak with him. Roy smiled as she spoke about preferring to attack horseman. Confusing, so confusing. Where did she find horseman to practice on...and he imagined her version of practice probably was considerably more deadly than his.

"Tell me Megali, whats the greatest opponent you've ever defeated? Horseman are a good warm up for you I'm sure, and you seem to give little stock to much of these monsters."

Roy hoped she liked this question, he imagined that if anything would get her talking it would be getting in to all the gory details of her best battle. Roy hoped so, especially considering it would give him a considerably deeper insight in to the way she fought. Come to think of it, as Roy waited for her response he began to think that maybe it would be good if he busted out a bottle of something pretty strong, h didn't have many, and probably wasn't allowed any but ah well. What they didn't know shouldn't hurt them.

Still that being said, he had no idea if she would appreciate such an offer, and decided to put that on the back burner until he knew for sure. A rather mischievous smile escaped his lips for just a moment at the prospect of this.
Roy Dimercurio
Roy Dimercurio

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Achilles Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:56 am

He wanted to know about her best battle eh? Now there was a story she could talk about for a while. Instantaneously, images of Troy's prince flashed in her mind and her hands clenched before being forced back into relaxed submission. This was quickly becoming dangerous territory. Supposedly her feats in the Trojan War were famous even today, including her singular weakness. If she gave away her identity so easily, she would also be handing Roy the secret to killing her. Then again, there was no guarantee that he would put two and two together so soon. Even if he did, would it really be so bad?

No, no it was not the way of Achilles to cower and go to such lengths to hide the name she had worked so hard to make immortal. Inhaling through her nose, she took a long exhale before beginning her story. "He was a prince. He killed my cousin and stole my armor from the boy's body. He was wearing it when I finally found him." The Greek woman paused long enough to refresh her mouth with a bit of water and then continued. "I cut him down in front of his entire family and dragged his body around their city for all to see." Throughout the short story, Achilles' tone remained measured and perhaps more than a bit emotionally distant while her eyes were locked on Roy's. It was a bit of a game now, a curiosity as to when the spark of realization would come into his eyes. With her chin still in the palm of her hand, she tilted her head just a bit and decided to make it just a bit more fun. "His name was Hector."
Achilles
Achilles

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Roy Dimercurio Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:26 am

Roy was set off when her hands clenched in anger, he had NOT expected that. How could that possibly have made her mad? Combat was her life, honestly her greatest victory should have made her ecstatic! Roy was hopelessly lost for just a moment on how to talk to this woman. But that didn't last long as she started speaking.

She released her beath, mentally getting ready for what she was about to say. Roy was all ears. There was nothing that could tare his attention away from Megali as she spoke. It was strange how annoying his heart beat was, resounding loudly in his chest while she spoke. H wanted to tell it to shut up, but at just the second sentence that was no longer a concern of his.

"He was a prince. He killed my cousin and stole my armor from the boy's body."

Roy's eyes widened at this, that sounded very familiar, had he heard of this on the news somewhere? Maybe she had assassinated some royalty, and that was how she came to be in V.W.A.T.

Roy leaned in closer his eyes staring deeply in hers as she spoke, it was almost comical that she stopped during such a breathless moment to drink some water from her bottle. She continued again and Roy's eyes widened, slowly at first, little by little.

"He was wearing it when I finally found him. I cut him down in front of his entire family and dragged his body around their city for all to see.

"I cut him down in front of his entire family and dragged his body around their city for all to see."

No, no. He wanted to tell her to stop. But he couldn't find his voice, he couldn't bring himself to breathe much less talk.

She finished, almost like a devastating last blow to finish him off.

"His name was Hector."

That was it! Roy for the first time picked up nothing of Megali's body language, even with the obvious signs of observation, he had no idea that he was being played with, at this point he didn't care. Eyes now wide as they come, he allowed himself a very minor intake of breath as he mulled this over. He closed his eyes as he continued this breath and raised an eye brow whispering to himself.

"It makes sense. So much sense now."

Then to her directly. A smile, an elated smile could not be kept from his features. Though too, a look of bewilderment struck him like none had ever before.

"Achilles. In the flesh." Though he whispered the name almost like one would touch a heated object, tentatively, afraid it might burn them.

"How can you expect me to believe this, but. I guess, how could I not believe, as impossible as this sounds. It's the only thing that makes sense. Just tell me. How are you...here?"
Roy Dimercurio
Roy Dimercurio

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Achilles Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:07 pm

Well then, that was...incredibly easy actually. While it was true that these people hunted monsters of all shapes and sizes, she hadn't actually believed that Roy would take her implications as truth right off the bat. Even in her era, when the supernatural and mystical ran rampant, extravagant claims such as that were met with the utmost skepticism and required some form of proof in the face of Greek logic before being considered true.

"You are...a strange man, Roy. You have no reason to believe my story but you do. I do not understand your logic." A small smirk appeared on her lips as she thought back to all the damnable logic games her teachers had forced her to play growing up and later still the rhetorical tricks of Odysseus. It felt good to be the one asking the questions for once. She could get used to the certain satisfaction of watching another's mind work.
Achilles
Achilles

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Roy Dimercurio Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:43 pm

Roy was still a little shocked as she spoke, and didn't really take in a lot of what she said. Mulling over the idea, that this was supposedly Achilles. He asked himself over and over, could it be? How could it be? Even if she was crazy how would she not be aware of any iota of modern technology, she was an adult. But still, Achilles died, died and was like 3,000 years old.

But still, that nagging feeling. What else besides something from the ancient world made sense...Roy smiled as he looked at Achilles once more. For the first time a question he'd never thought of before had crossed his mind.

"Well, either you are who you say you are, your completely crazy, or, as I'm starting to think. You have quite the sense of humor."

Roy ran a hand through his hair and sighed slightly, still exasperated.

"And if your playing a joke, bravo, you got me. If your crazy, then your the calmest insane person thats ever lived, and if you are who you say you are, well, besides the fact that you should be dead and really really old, then you could survive any wound right? Nothing could hurt you?"

She was right, he should be more logical as much as this situation seemed so impossibly illogical to him. Proof, proof let's get some proof. Besides her intense knowledge and abilities that he would say was worthy of a living legend.

"If you can resist a wound I'd say that would be proof to support your claim...unless you'd like to admit your just joking now? And in case you are crazy let's make sure the wound test isn't lethal."

Perhaps a bit blunt, but Roy didn't care, he'd never had to deal with a situation like this, and the fact that she was so convincingly believable made this all the worse for him. He didn't know how to act in this situation and he wasn't going to pretend he did.
Roy Dimercurio
Roy Dimercurio

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Seung Soo Young Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:28 pm

Soo Young watched as her companion stood up quite suddenly before gesturing towards the door of the mess hall. At the potential offer of different method of amusement Soo Young couldn't help but be curious as to what the other woman seemed to be planning. As the woman voiced her intentions for the two of them Soo Young was quiet for a moment before shrugging getting to her feet as well the tray of food on the table having been forgotten in favor of something Soo Young was sure she'd enjoy much more.

"Very well fighting such drivel has gotten a bit boring after all...Hopefully you'll pose an ample challenge..." Soo Young said before heading towards the door of the mess hall stepping through in her soujourn towards the gym.

------> VWAT Indoor Training Facility
Seung Soo Young
Seung Soo Young

Character sheet
Souls: 3
Organization: V.W.A.T.

Back to top Go down

Post by Achilles Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:18 pm

Now he was starting to get it.  Gradually evaluating and ruling out potential explanations to the situation presented to him.  For whatever reason, Achilles could not help but take particular notice of a rather amusing bundle of wrinkles that Roy got when he seemed to be deep in thought.  Between that, and his understandable suggestion that she was insane, she couldn't help but chuckle out loud.  Come to think of it, she'd laughed more today than she had in a very long time.  A very, very long time.  It was refreshing to say the least and finally allowed her to put her larger concerns aside for the moment.  

"You have my word that I do not intend to slaughter any flocks of sheep in the near future," she said, still chuckling.  Unfortunately, she doubted that he would catch that reference as well as he'd understood the others.  Even she had been shocked to learn what became of Ajax all over a ridiculous argument as to who would inherit her armor.  

Though she was able to quiet her laughter, Achilles left a small grin in place and held out her free hand to Roy with the palm facing up.  "Do as you like.  I will make no attempt to stop you."
Achilles
Achilles

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Roy Dimercurio Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:55 pm

Roy, heard her laughing. He liked it. It was something that he wished she would do more often. He couldn't dwell on that long though, his head was swimming in a sea of disbelief, which conflicted with a storm of thoughts that told him that if this was just possible it would make so much sense. But since it wasn't how could it make any sense at all....

She made a reference to sheep but Roy didn't understand. He had read up on a lot of Greek mythology, and Roman too. But that was mainly Hercules, Romulas and Remas,  Jason, the Oddessy of Odysseus, Tales of Zeus and such. To be honest he had been more in to Norse mythology. But, he had seen the movie Troy. And remembering what had happened in that he got a really good idea of what Achilleses abilities might consist of. At least her supernatural ones, the natural ones made the movies attempt to portray her look like a joke...

Roy would have laughed, laughed hysterically as he sat and compared the real Achilles from mythology to the movie version, the sheer thought of doing this enough to crack him up normally. If it wasn't for her outstretched hand that she put before him. All he could do was stare at it for a moment. The ridiculousness of the entire situation, even though he had fought against vampires, werewolves, gremlins, and other supernatural creatures that weren't supposed to exist. This still felt so impossibly strange. It was like meeting Gandalf in real life. Roy's face though bewildered still cracked a small smile as he wondered on her reaction to that movie, Troy, how she might feel if she watched it. But that was a subject for a different day. He muttered to himself after just a few moments.

"If your going this far for a joke that might make you insane in your own right....and if your just insane then this won't work...but if you are who you really say you are. Then. This shouldn't do anything..."

Hesitantly Roy moved his hand, and picked up the knife he had used for his steak. He had no intention to just impale her with his steak knife. But he needed to know, he needed to know, and then if what he hoped would happen actually happened, he would need to know how.

"I'll just give you a scratch. Even if this hurts you, you'd never have gotten as good as you are if you couldn't take this like it was nothing."

Roy took a few deep breaths as he closed his eyes for a moment before moving his hand. When he did so he did not waist a second, he paced the blades edge on the middle of her palm pushed in just a small bit and ran it across the hand, almost hating himself for doing so.

He was in shock for a moment wondering what had compelled him to cut open some poor, poor women who had a terrible idea of what a joke was, or who was just completely insane. But as he stared at the hand before him he dropped his blade in shock and his eyes went wide again, he wasn't moving, nor speaking, or even breathing while the wound he made healed almost instantly before his eyes.

He would say nothing to her until she started talking, his jaw had dropped and he doubted that he would even be able to speak if he knew something that he wanted to say.
Roy Dimercurio
Roy Dimercurio

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Achilles Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:30 pm

She sat there waiting for Roy to make a decision for some time. The implication was simple enough and he picked up his knife in short order but he appeared to be skittish about actually cutting her. Oddly apologetic for a professional killer. As she waiting for the inevitable twinge of pain, Achilles thought back to the last time she'd been seriously injured...apart from her death of course. Truth be told, it was harder to come up with examples than one would think. Regardless of whether or not she could keep getting up from wounds didn't change the fact that they hurt her as much as anyone else. With that in mind, it simply made sense to tailor her style around slipping through as much harm as possible. Perhaps that's where this misinformation of "invincible" had come from in her legend. Close call scrapes and gashes healed quickly enough that to the casual observer it probably looked like she'd never been hit at all.

Her smile widened a bit when Roy finally brought the knife to her hand. Even with a weapon in hand he was almost adorably shy. She might have made a mental note to beat that out of him in the future if it wasn't oddly charming. "You do not need to worry about me." Mentally preparing herself for the burning sensation of a blade moving through the upper layers of her flesh, Achilles unconsciously pressed her palm against the edge. It was an early lesson from her father to never flinch in battle, to always press forward even while under attack. Because of that, though she made it a point to not be hit in the first place, she had developed a tendency to mentally and physically goad herself through the strikes that did land.

If watching the gears in Roy's head tick away had been amusing before, it was downright hilarious now. "How do you wish to proceed?" she asked through a controlled chuckle, flexing her hand as it instantly healed itself.
Achilles
Achilles

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Roy Dimercurio Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:57 pm

"How do you wish to proceed?"

Roy looked up at her and closed his mouth for a moment before answering her.

"Alcohol, with lots of alcohol..."

Roy answered strangely quite, and calm for what just happened. His voice softer than normal as he barely found the ability to speak in himself. Food all but forgotten now Roy couldn't make any sense of this. He started murmuring trying to figure it all out.

"Achilles, Achilles...how...It must be, it would have to be...but it just, it can't be...or, it shouldn't be. But it would have to...Oh screw me."

Roy shook his head trying to clear it of all the clutter that had built up in his thoughts. It really didn't do much for him. He stood up now slowly, barely noticing what was around him. He looked at Megali, or well, Achilles. He thought. And spoke to her almost pleadingly.

"I need two things. One, an answer about how you are here and more importantly Now. And two, a drink, a good, long, drink, of something reallystrong. I have some in my room if you want to come stop by there with me. I might need it to continue..."

Roy was very serious as he spoke this last line. He was more flabbergasted in this one moment then he felt he had been in his entire life.
Roy Dimercurio
Roy Dimercurio

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Achilles Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:28 pm

Now this was more along the reaction she had been expecting. Based on the reactions of the others who knew of her true name, even among an organization specializing in the supernatural, it was not normal for long dead historical figures to begin walking around once more. All in all, Roy was taking it a bit harder than some of the others but it hardly seemed fair to compare him to the man called Steeler. Considering what little she had seen, she doubted that old man would have so much as batted an eye staring down cerberus itself.

She followed him with her eyes, chin still settled in her palm while he stood and continued to try and make sense of this revelation. She nodded once as he related his requests. They were relatively simple questions. "I was brought to this time by a dead man I do not know. I was brought to this place by your companions." She quirked a brow at his second requirement. He'd only just finished a bottle of water but he already needed another drink? A "strong drink" he said, could he be referring to wine? If that was the case...

"I thank you for your generosity, but I have no need for a drink now," she said, hoping that she had properly interpreted his meaning. Learning the English language was difficult enough but moving into colloquialisms was another thing entirely.
Achilles
Achilles

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Roy Dimercurio Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:50 pm

Roy came a little bit more back in to things as she spoke about a dead man bringing her in to the present. Now that she had mentioned such a thing Roy was beginning to remember hearing talks about some kind of mission revolving around killing a necromancer, he had just thought that meant some human got hold of a few zombies or something, not...this!

But as relevant as Roy was becoming the possible implications Achilles might have gotten from his question was still lost on him. As far as he was concerned she merely didn't want a drink. Sitting back down Roy was still a little lost for words. But decided to try and muddle his way though things.

"I heard about this maybe...Some of them men were talking about a necromancer, one who worked with the dead, others dealt with it, I didn't think anything of it at the time. I had no idea, that, any man could be that powerful, whats happening in this world I wonder. It seems like theres more and more of this stuff every day, and it's getting more and more severe."

Roy looked at Achilles not exactly somber but serious. And thoughtful, which was indeed not the norm for him. As his thoughts took on less of a mix of confusion and excitement he no longer though about getting a drink, no he would do that later. Now, he just wanted to talk.

Looking at Achilles again he let a small smile creep up on his lips.

"Megali huh? Steeler told you not to give people your real name didn't he? That makes a lot of sense. All things considered. I won't use it either then for the same purpose. So in this case Megali...I'd say my challenge just become a lot greater. " He paused for a moment and his smile grew a little bit more.

"Sweet! This should be more fun than I ever imagined." Ever quick on the rebound Roy was almost back to his normal self now and wondered where to take this conversation.

"What do think then Megali, about how your name has become so legendary even today in such a far off land? I'm sure that must be at least a little satisfactory."
Roy Dimercurio
Roy Dimercurio

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Achilles Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:38 am

Shifting her posture a bit, Achilles brought the heels of her palms together to better support her head. By this point, the exchange could be best compared to a cat observing a bird fluttering just out of reach. She merely nodded as he came to understand the reasoning behind her alias but added in a slightly wider smile when he brought up his self-imposed challenge again. "As I told you, I will crush you." While she kept her tone definite, there was enough of a teasing implication to make it clear that she had not simply dismissed his challenge in its entirety.

She pursed her lips while considering his other questions. How did she feel about her legacy? It was a bit of a mixed bag. Men claiming to be her descendants had won countless, the name "Achilles" was known around the world as an invincible champion of Greece, and supposedly there were innumerable books and motion pictures depicting her exploits. On the other hand, her fame revolved almost entirely around her death, she was the namesake of critical weak points, and history hadn't even gotten her gender right.

"History seems unconcerned with anything but my death...and they call me a man," she said, grumbling a bit as a pouting expression briefly overcame her face before it was promptly dispersed with a resigned sigh. "But I gained the legacy I wished for. I have no regrets."
Achilles
Achilles

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Roy Dimercurio Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:58 am

Roy chuckled a bit as she joked about crushing him, it made all the funnier that she meant on some level. Roy saw her debate between responding positively or negatively to this question, he guessed that she must be happy on at least some level. Her answer depicted much of this struggle, but he was also happy to here that she was at least satisfied.

He almost laughed as she pouted over history getting her gender wrong, it was strange to see something like that bother her. He might have over estimated her stoicism when he first met her. He made a mental note to remember she wasn't as cold as she might come off in the beginning.

He said to her.

"I must say, I had been lead to believe this is as well. As for your death, I think that is more or less because of it's tragedy than the fact you died. If you had not been killed in such a way I feel you'd still be renowned the world over. I'm glad your at least satisfied with your legacy however."

Roy didn't know what else to do at this point, he wanted to talk more about how she was Achilles in the flesh, but she had become just another person to him almost already, she was just his friend. And even though she was a famous legend straight from the books of history that didn't really change who she was.

He put his thoughts on this aside though as an important question came to his mind.

"How many others know who you really are around here?"
Roy Dimercurio
Roy Dimercurio

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Achilles Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:15 am

It seemed as if he was gradually running out of things to say. Even with her somewhat restricted grasp of the language, Achilles had noticed the little bouts of silence between them getting larger as time went on. While some may have shared some sense of awkwardness over the breaks in conversation, she was more than happy to sit back and watch Roy squirm a bit to keep things moving in a worthwhile direction. Although, even that interest wasn't quite enough to prevent a small yawn from escaping her lips.

"Steeler and those who brought me here know who I am. Beyond that I do not know."
Achilles
Achilles

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next