Dusk Crusade
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CASEVAC

Go down

CASEVAC Empty CASEVAC

Post by Claire Kelly Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:24 am

====> Women's Locker Room.

After a brief conversation and a quick apology for pointing a gun at him Claire had managed to get the location of the CASEVAC established by guards and emergency personnel outside the facility. Once she'd gotten outside the sensation of fresh air filling her lungs was like a godsend. Just being outside in general felt like she'd been granted freedom a thousand times over. But her time to enjoy nature was cut short as a paramedic quickly rushed over to her "Ma'am do I have permission to lay hands on your person?" The paramedic asked. Claire waved him off "I'm fine I'm a trained US Army Medic I came to help." Claire said.

The paramedic's face lit up "You are?! Thank god! We need as many hands as possible over there in the urgent care tent." The paramedic said pointing to a nearby tent where a line of body bags was lined up to the side of it. Claire frowned and nodded "I'll head over there now." Claire said before leaving the paramedic behind and walking towards the tent in question. As she drew closer she could hear loud screams of agony that twisted her gut. She quickened her pace stepping into the tent inside were 6 makeshift operating tables each one stained with literally gallons of blood and even more on the floors around them. "I need an extra set of hands here!!" A paramedic yelled over her shoulder as she struggled to hold down a wounded soldier.

Claire quickly stepped over the wounded man was writhing his eyes wide and wild with panic even with the numerous bleeding wounds in his stomach. Claire gripped the man's chin and placed a hand on his cheek "Hey listen to me stop fighting!" Claire said sternly. The man struggled to free himself shaking his head frantically ignoring Claire's stern orders. Claire pulled her dogtags out from her shirt and held them in front of his face "Look see?! I'm on your side nobody is going to hurt you! We're trying to help." Claire said in a more soothing tone. This time she got a much more positive response as the man stared at her tags.

Claire looked over at the paramedic "What happened to him?" Claire asked looking over the injuries. "He got shanked numerous times by a convict carrying a piece of porcelain I think the end of the shank might have gotten lodged in the wound." The paramedic said. Claire nodded "Put your hands here and apply pressure. Claire said pointing at a point above the wound she quickly turned "Private!" Claire called out to a private walking by carrying a box of what appeared to by syringes. "I need your help." Claire said as the man approached. "I want you to keep his legs elevated for me okay?" Claire said sternly to the private she'd called over.

The man nodded and did as he was told lifting the injured man's legs while Claire set to treating the injury cleaning and disinfecting the wound much to the chagrin of her patient. After a long period of cleaning away blood and stitching wounds along with pulling out shards of ceramic the man was quickly sent away drugged up on a shot of morphine with a bandage wrapped around his mid section.
Claire Kelly
Claire Kelly

Character sheet
Souls: 5
Organization: V.W.A.T.
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

CASEVAC Empty Re: CASEVAC

Post by Claire Kelly Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:07 am

Claire bit her lip as she clamped another artery shut this new patient she was currently treating was far less cooperative than her last. His screams rang in her ears as two new assistants struggled to hold his shoulders down another man was gripping the man's legs keeping them elevated and also stopping him from thrashing about on the operating table. "Where's that fucking morphine damn it!!" Claire yelled over her shoulder. There was no response as most of the assistants in the urgent care center were busy treating their own patients. "He's losing too much blood!" One of the men holding the man down yelled.

Claire's head snapped up her eyes sharp "I know tell me something I don't know!" Claire snapped before grabbing another hemostat from the field surgery bag open on the metal cart beside her. The man screamed as Claire delved into the bullet wound once more clamping another hemostat on the other end of the artery that he been severed. "Someone give him something to bite down on!" Claire yelled looking around at the men around her. The men looked at one another seemingly at a loss Claire could see almost 40 things the men could have used for the task she'd set. But instead of pointing them out Claire quickly reached down undoing her web belt and slid it off placing her knives and her sidearm on the cart before folding the belt over itself until it formed a small bundle.

"Hold this in your mouth don't swallow!" Claire said gripping the man by the chin and forcing him to look at her. The man nodded his screams now having diminished into pained and frightened whimpers. Claire placed the belt in the man's mouth before grabbing a pair of forceps from her bag. She placed the instrument in her mouth before reaching to grab a scalpel from the bag. She placed a hand on the man's upper thigh as she began to make incisions around the injury. The man screamed and his thrashing renewed as the blade cut into his flesh. "Hold still! You gotta hold still!" Claire said as she struggled to keep the wound stabilized. She reached over to her bag but before she could grab the last item she needed to complete the surgery one of the man's legs escaped the grip of one of her assistants and his knee rose up striking her in the temple.

One of the men restraining the patient quickly took hold of the man's leg once again. Claire shook her head before moving back to the bag and grabbing a pad coated in a clotting agent. Peeling off the protective sheeting Claire quickly smoothed it over the injury and commenced bandaging it. "That should stop the bleeding! Get him to recovery!" Claire said wiping a few beads of sweat from her brow. The man was quickly wheeled out his screams hadn't ceased but he would live before Claire could even catch her breath another man was carried in on another stretcher. "Get him on the table now!" Claire said she was certainly in for a long eventful night.
Claire Kelly
Claire Kelly

Character sheet
Souls: 5
Organization: V.W.A.T.
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum