Dusk Crusade
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steeler's Office (Invitation Only)

+8
Brandon Cole
Zulu
Director Hawthorne
Jensen Newgate
Keira Deyanira
Claire Kelly
Reese Fletcher
Director Steeler
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Steeler's Office (Invitation Only) - Page 2 Empty Re: Steeler's Office (Invitation Only)

Post by Director Steeler Fri May 09, 2014 10:59 pm

After what seemed like an eternity (probably due to the intense nature of the situation rather than any large amount of time having passed between the call to assemble and the actual assembling), the agents had gathered in the office. Pressing the intercom on his desk, Steeler commanded two soldiers waiting outside, "Guard to doors. Absolutely no interruptions." Doing as instructed, both guards closed the door to the office securely, standing several paces away from it, ever watchful for anyone who would try to approach too closely. Any information leaking from this meeting could literally spell doom for everyone attending, as well as V.W.A.T. itself.

Before anything could begin, however, Captain Stu (he'd been promoted a few minutes ago due to the Topeka Incident a week ago) was completely flabbergasted at the disgusting piece of garbage being held before him. Making the human epitome of the emotion known as "sickened horror", he stepped back far enough to touch the wall. There was no way on Earth he would touch such lowly trash.

Clearing his throat, the director would be having none of this buffoonery in his office. Though he heard the archer's question, he chose to ignore it, as it would be included in the explanation he was about to give. "I'd like everyone to deactivate any communication devices they have on their person. None of what I'm about to tell you can leave this room. You will not be allowed to discuss this with anyone - not with me, or with anyone in this room." Major Stu (he was promoted again because of the Bachmann Affair yesterday) complied, turning off a fabulously pink and teal cell phone he had in his pocket, Hello Kitty waving goodbye as the screen went black. As the others did similar, the director would continue.

"Some of you may have noticed an influx of men in suits on the base in the last few days. They are a group of CIA agents investigating the organization for potential security risks." Taking one last look at the group, he continued. "I'll assume none of you know this, but before we began operating here, there was another group stationed at the base: The first V.W.A.T. They were corrupted, though, and had to be put down. We came along afterwards and had thought everyone related to the previous group was dead. The government doesn't agree any longer, though.

"The CIA agents are looking for anyone of suspicious character who could be relaying information back to a group of surviving members of the former V.W.A.T. At this moment, we have no idea what they could want or what they aim to do, but at the very least, this is an issue of national security. I was ordered to stay quiet about this, but my memory isn't what it used to be. I figure I could use a few people I could trust to help me stay in the know."
He leaned back in his chair, placing his hands in his lap. "I'm trusting the five of you to keep what I've told you a secret, and to report anything suspicious to me, and only to me. I don't know if there really is a traitor in our midst, but we're forced to work under the assumption that anyone and everyone is a potential enemy. For various reasons, I've cleared you all of suspicion. Don't let me down."

It was uncomfortable to place such a high level of trust in anyone but himself, but if anyone could be counted on to keep this information a secret, it was these five. Each of them had their reasons for being in the group, but -as far as he could tell- it certainly wasn't to overthrow the government. Now he would wait to see how they reacted.

(OOC) Working under the assumption no one has any problem turning off cell phones or unplugging earpieces.
Director Steeler
Director Steeler

Character sheet
Souls: 2
Organization: V.W.A.T.
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Steeler's Office (Invitation Only) - Page 2 Empty Re: Steeler's Office (Invitation Only)

Post by Brandon Cole Thu May 15, 2014 9:39 pm

Watching the other agents slowly file into the room, Cole couldn't help but muse over the odd collection of individuals Steeler had summon to his office today. He'd brought in a boyscout, a secretary, a spy, an archer and...Stu. Honestly though, sooner or later he'd need to get around to beating some sense into that idiot but that would have to wait a while longer. The mission he'd been presented with for the time being took precedence and the bulk of Cole's attention for the moment. A spy inside of VWAT? Now there was a problem he could sink his teeth into but there were a few details that didn't add up.

"Hold on a second, if you're not even sure there is a leak then how did you narrow the trustworthy group down to just us? For that matter, if you're just looking for someone to put an ear to the ground why bring in a group this big? Outside of Harkness over there the rest of us seem like unnecessary baggage that might tip this guy off," the archer said, shifting his weight to one leg as he gave another glance around the room to gauge the reactions of the others.
Brandon Cole
Brandon Cole

Character sheet
Souls: 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Roy Dimercurio Mon May 19, 2014 9:48 am

Roy:

Roy turned off his cell phone when he was asked to, cocking an eye brow at hello kitty. He was pretty strange yes but that was just...whatever. To each their own. His mind was distracted soon after anyways by the news that Steeler told them. Looking at Brandon as he glanced over their way after he was done responding to him. He wasn't sure what to make of the situation, nor for that matter, was he sure what Steeler wanted him to do about it. Brandon had some points, this wasn't exactly their forte. But he was put lightly a bit of a pessimist. As well as a few other words, lazy? No not quite. But he would be the kind of man to try and get out of this simply because he didn't want to deal with it. His life being on the line or not. He just wanted to relax. Roy decided to ignore the comment of him not being exactly useful hear. Partly because it's true, and partly to avoid a one way dick measuring contest that would be sure to take place. Leaning against the wall as Roy thought he took a small moment before responding.

"Hold on a moment there Brandon. Be careful who you accuse. That's quite the slippery slope. And if we start infighting amongst ourselves because everyones suspicious of someone else that's just going to make things worse. Not saying we shouldn't keep an eye out but let's not get to worked up right off the bat. Besides while Harkness has her ways,  you never know who has a different skill set that might be equally as useful in this situation. "

Reese:

Reese paid attention careful to Steeler, he couldn't really see why he had called him in hear. He wasn't a spy sort of person or a soldier kind of person really. But ah well. Maybe he could shuffle through some papers and some records see if there was anything suspicious there. Keep an eye out for anything new that came in. Thats the best he could think of. Even if he wasn't cleared of this however he still enjoyed having been told that he'd been cleared of suspicion. It would probably help keep an eye open without looking to suspicious.
Roy Dimercurio
Roy Dimercurio

Character sheet
Organization: V.W.A.T

Back to top Go down

Post by Director Steeler Sat May 31, 2014 8:12 pm

The director raised his hand to stop Roy from defending him. "Your devotion is admirable, but Mr. Cole has every right to voice his concern. He's absolutely correct, too." He rose from his chair for effect, placing his hands on the corners nearest to him on the desk. "All I can say is that each of you possess certain qualities that make it very unlikely of being connected to any potential traitor. Be that as it may, if my judgment is flawed and one of you turns out to be a mole, then I've just killed everyone in this room simply by holding this meeting." He hoped the gravity of the situation would begin to set in with that comment. He needed everyone to fully grasp what this mission meant for them, and for the entire organization. Maybe even the entire country.

"While it's true a spy would seem like the only necessary member of this group," he continued, "This is going to be a team effort. If only one of you went in there, it would likely just lead to your death. Besides, anyone who would be willing to betray us to an older version of the organization would have to be ingrained enough to know who would be the most likely person to figure out their plan. You'll need backup." He opened a drawer and removed six ordinary-looking silver watches. "Everyone will need to wear one of these. They function as ordinary watches, but they can also be used to alert anyone else wearing them if you're in distress. They work on a special frequency powered by the watch battery, so as long as you're in range, you should be able to broadcast your signal."

(OOC) Just so everyone knows, there's no more posting order. Talk whenever you want.
Director Steeler
Director Steeler

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Harkness Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:53 pm

She'd watched the exchanges with a careful eye, though her posture was relaxed as she lent against a bookshelf and crossed her arms; the room could be easily seen from there, and she needed that vantage to peruse the reactions of those around her.

Brandon was no spy, but he was good at what he did. However, her time with him had proven he wasn't the sort to simply turn-coat. There would have to be a very good reason for it, one she couldn't fathom at the moment.

Roy and Reese were characters, that was certain, and she was behind on "getting to know them". Though, to be fair, she probably knew more about them than she should (spying on one's own agency had it's advantages). Their reactions were rather standard to their profiles, and nothing stood out of the ordinary.

Major Stu was too dull and ambitious to ever threaten the agency, but then again, such ambition could be a problem.

She decides to keep an eye on all of them.

Steeler's comment on them all already being dead, should his judgement be off, raised her eyebrow a bit. She never knew this man to have anything less than certainty in his actions, so the statement fell flat in her ears. He was making a point, and she agreed with it, but even the fact that he felt he should make it gave her the feeling that there was a little more to what was going on.

With a sigh, she shoved herself off the bookcase and approached the desk, taking one of the watches and frowning.

"You know, this will never go with my ever-so-fashionable wardrobe."

The blonde smirks a bit, snapping the watch clasp closed on her wrist, stepping back from the desk to blend back with the rest of the room.

She really needed Steeler alone at some point, without Stu and the R crowd around.

((OOC: If you have anything to hide about your intentions with Steeler or the agency, then speak up now. Eleanor won't know what it is, but she will know you are hiding something, unless you are much better trained at body and facial microexpressions than she is.))
Eleanor Harkness
Eleanor Harkness
Player of the Month
Player of the Month

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dungeon Master Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:22 pm

(OOC) Posting for Lieutenant Colonel Stu (rose another rank while no one was looking).

Nothing could be more exciting than a secret mission. A secret SPY mission. With all his new friends, too. This was sure going to be a great day. Grabbing a watch and promptly strapping it to his wrist, he gave an exaggerated salute. "I won't let you down, sir! Or any of you, friends!"
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Character sheet
Souls: 77
Organization: Staff
Race: Immortal

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Cole Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:29 pm

Sending a sidelong glance in Roy's direction, the archer let out an annoyed grumble at what he perceived to be a condescending tone. However, before any verbal barbs could be unleashed, the ranking officer spoke up and provided a bit more justification for his current strategy. It cleared up a few of the holes. Not a perfect situation but they were never lucky enough to have those anyway. Snatching one of Steeler's fancy new watches, Cole strapped it to his wrist and visibly cringed at Stu's overzealous commentary. The man was like a puppy; an incredibly annoying puppy that could use a shock collar. "Can we just shoot him and call it a day?" the archer asked, referring to Stu while only half joking.
Brandon Cole
Brandon Cole

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Roy Dimercurio Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:12 pm

Ignoring his newly appointed, "friend" apparently. Roy shrugged his shoulders at Steeler's remarks and took his watch, casually inspecting it before slipping it on. Once again looking over towards Stu as Brandon made a remark about him. Raising an eye brow as he mulled over the thought. He quickly decided not to of course, but nonetheless, Brandon did make a fair point. This was starting to draw on, made all the worse by him, and he really wanted to get out, and try his luck at finding this spy. In fact what better way to loosen someones tongue than perhaps a can of beer or so... Roy smiled as he mulled once again over his thoughts. Though this time over his manner of interrogation. Turning to look at the door Roy couldn't imagine this should be dragging on much longer and he didn't plan on staying around if it did.

"Director Steeler, permission to leave base occasionally in the near future along with a few of my other colleges, so as to make the best use of my investigative skills?"

Roy asked his superior. He wasn't sure how he would answer but regardless he was sure he could find some way to have some fun with this new mission, preferably this meant that he would be able to go to the bar quite a bit for a while but he could settle for less.

Roy Dimercurio
Roy Dimercurio

Character sheet
Organization: V.W.A.T

Back to top Go down

Post by Father Anthony Diem Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:39 pm

Reese:

Reese took his watch and strapped it on without another thought. Considering this more of a burden than anything, he really started to agree with that archer more and more about his usefulness to this mission. But ah well, orders were orders no? And on the plus side Reese would still be able to call these other very qualified killer's to his aid whenever he needed. When the soldier spoke up about leaving this meeting Reese thought that that would be a good idea as well, even though he wasn't looking forward to going and looking for information that could get him killed if the right people knew that he knew something. Or however this James Bond crap was supposed to work, it just wasn't his deal.

OOC: To lazy to change.
Father Anthony Diem
Father Anthony Diem
Admin

Character sheet
Organization: True Cross

Back to top Go down

Post by Director Steeler Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:58 pm

"Negative," he answered, ignoring the archer's commentary. "Without further orders, pretend this meeting never happened. No investigation of any kind is to take place without my authorization. For the time being, keep your ears to the ground and report anything suspicious, but continue to go about your lives as normal until I have more for you to do."

With everyone equipped, there wasn't much left to do for right now. Investigating the matter too soon after the CIA arriving at the base could bring suspicion, but waiting until they "clear" them could mean the destruction of potential evidence. For right now, they would bide their time and see what casual observation could find.

"When we take action, we move in teams. No one is to go in alone. Cole and Harkness, Sue and Dimercurio, and Fletcher and myself. Unless anyone has something to add, you're all dismissed. Report directly to me if you find anything suspicious." As everyone began to leave the room, he couldn't help but think of how similar this whole scenario was to a movie he'd seen recently. Hopefully, this would end better for V.W.A.T. than it did for S.H.I.E.L.D.

(OOC) Assuming everyone leaves unless they stick around for some reason.
Director Steeler
Director Steeler

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Harkness Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:10 pm

She'd said nothing during the exchange between the others in the room, choosing instead to watch her new "partners" with interest. She had never worked with any of them aside from Cole, so that immediately set her a bit on edge. However, if their files were correct (and that isn't to say they are), then these men were at least competent in what they did.

After waiting for everyone to file out - though she wouldn't have minded if her actual partner remained behind - Harkness drifted to one of the chairs near Steeler's desk, and dropped down into the seat with an air of uncaring.

"So, you give us shiny trinkets and a directive and then send us on our way."

She eyes the man in charge for a half-second.

"You wouldn't be doing all of this just for one mole. You would send out me or someone like me to find him and be done with it. But you want this guy found in a hurry, so you send a wave of people at him. Why the rush?"
Eleanor Harkness
Eleanor Harkness
Player of the Month
Player of the Month

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Director Steeler Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:12 pm

Everyone but Harkness left the room. While he did give them the option to stick around for more business, he'd been hoping their curiosity would be sated for the time being and everyone could get back to work. Shouldn't have offered if he wasn't willing, though.

"You should know the history of the organization well enough," he responded to her question. It's not like it was exactly secret among the government agents, but enough people simply didn't care enough to do a homework assignment on their special vampire hunting team. "With that in mind, ask yourself this: Why is the CIA investigating now? This spy has had nearly three decades to do something, but hasn't, and the government suddenly thinks they might be up to something. It just so happens to be at the same time the Japanese transfer arrives and those black ops clowns get here." He paused to collect his thoughts and to remove a cigar from a box in the desk. "Frankly, there's more to this than it seems. For all we know, maybe there is no traitor. They might just be looking for a way to shut us down."

He struck a match from a pack he'd taken from the breast pocket of his jacket, lighting the end and exhaling a puff of smoke upwards. "Like I said; for the time being don't do anything. Just observe." He replaced the pack before sitting back in his chair.
Director Steeler
Director Steeler

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Harkness Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:50 am

Eleanor nods once and hoists herself out of the chair. It wouldn't make much difference to press the subject, so she excuses herself and wanders out to find her partner, hoping he could be a least some entertainment to help her think.
Eleanor Harkness
Eleanor Harkness
Player of the Month
Player of the Month

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Director Steeler Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:37 am

Halloween. It was the worst time of the year. Not that it wasn't a nice change to see some good old horror movies and extra cheap bags of candy, but the fact that some brats would always come around to try and egg his house. Despite running a supernatural extermination organization for the government, he always had to take off early every year on October 31. He'd left the remote with Fletcher moments before. Finishing the last of his work for the day, the director turned off his computer and left the office. He'd be home before 7:00.

---> Home
Director Steeler
Director Steeler

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2