Dusk Crusade
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anthony's cyborg surgery

4 posters

Go down

Anthony's cyborg surgery Empty Anthony's cyborg surgery

Post by Father Anthony Diem Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:42 pm

Race: Advanced Cyborg.

Cyborg Abilities:

Regenerative Potential: Level 0 (None)
Physical Abilities: Level 1 (Minor enhanced strength, speed, and stamina) Weapons may be incorporated into the body.
Durability: Level 2 (Resistance to small arms gunfire)

Cyborg Equipment: Reinforced skeleton in the chest, neck and shoulder regions, and in his right arm (granting level 2 Durability.) His arm is actually completely cybernetic, being made totally of metal and cybernetic additions. His left eye has also been modified, and is now able to see in both heat and night vision. Anthony's abilities with this arm have been increased to level one, which serves him well for both martial and firearm skills.

This arm is made of titanium, and weighs a whopping 15 lbs.

Abilities:

Guns: After receiving enhancements to his physical abilities Anthony's firearm mastery has increased to certainly beyond human levels. His speed (arm) and reaction speed are especially useful here, and allow him to shoot at medium level superhuman targets as if they were normal humans. Anthony having spent 6 months in recovery after his cyborg surgery with nothing to do began studying high speed movement, his years of experience and training fighting the undead and now this new training and his increased abilities have resulted in his being able to shoot at medium level supernatural creatures as if they were normal humans.

Martial Arts: Anthony's enhancements have only served to increase his martial prowess, especially his durability. Now his spear hand strike has the ability to break through the normal human body with ease. His palm strike can crack through certain walls, and etc.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

I would like to spend my 2 SP upgrading Anthony into an advanced cyborg. And if everything I have written checks out, let this be added into the appropriate categories of my last Approved Father Anthony submission. Thank you all very much.

Last edited by Father Anthony Diem on Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Father Anthony Diem
Father Anthony Diem
Admin

Character sheet
Souls: 2
Organization: True Cross
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Anthony's cyborg surgery Empty Re: Anthony's cyborg surgery

Post by Henry Travers Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:39 pm

Do me a favor and add in a specific metal for that arm. I recommend titanium. Lower chance that it would be rejected/corrode in the body and it's on the lighter side so you'll be putting less stress on the rest of your body to handle the weight. Add that in and it should be fine.
Henry Travers
Henry Travers
Admin

Character sheet
Organization: Independent

Back to top Go down

Post by Ada Koch Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:10 am

Kay I have some things to point out.

First I kinda don't see how having reinforced skeleton grants a level 2 durability. Especially if it's just around the chest, neck and shoulders. There are still a large number of vulnerable points exposed. In the neck the only bone there is the spine which means a shot to the neck would still kill, A shot to the chest is basically like shooting at a Kevlar vest with gaping holes in it there are multiple points of entry that rounds could still pierce. And if a bullet does get in that reinforced skeleton pretty much signs a death warrant since anything that gets in there will likely be bouncing off those nice tough bones and ripping apart internal organs. Shoulders okay those can protect your bones but not flesh if a round tears into your shoulder it could sever your subclavian artery as we know a bleeding artery can easily equal death.

Also a large number of vital organs below the chest are exposed including the liver something which is very important may I add. The large intestine, small intestine, colon, kidneys, appendix and apparently your spine isn't made from metal meaning a shot there would pretty much cripple you. With all that in mind it seems he's still quite vulnerable to small arms fire.

Also there needs to be reasons why his cybernetics seem to augment his marksmanship and martial arts abilities. With a firearm the entire body is involved with shooting the way you breath and position yourself. The arm alone isn't going to improve anything its all in the habits you build and how they work for you. Plus the cybernetic arm is still connected to the human body which means it works off the human nervous system it goes by the impulses sent by your brain which would still be working at normal human speed thus the arm would do the same. Also when you say medium level supernatural creatures I'd like to see some real levels for reference rather than a vague generalization.

With your martial arts I can see your hits being a bit harder and more durable but not getting stronger. The impact would hurt more but you aren't going to penetrate a human body without major bodily augmentation to actually increase physical strength.

These are things you need to explain or give reasons as to why these things work before I can consider approving this.
Ada Koch
Ada Koch
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Father Anthony Diem Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:45 am

The level 2 Durability and the improved abilities are only present where there are cybernetic additions. So basically in his arm. Think winter soldier.

The marksmanship is chalked up to a number things.

Anthony is already a master at firearms combat, but he spent six months taking this a bit further and studying high speed movement. The fact that Anthony's arm is cybernetic and that his speed with that arm and reaction speed have now increased to 1, a supernatural level are icing on the cake. (This in fact would be an ability he could have achieved on his own without the robot arm, but did not do so until he had six months of spare time.)

And yes Anthony is indeed vulnerable to small arms fire where he is made of flesh. The metal parts not so much. Though I am not trying to get his entire body bullet proof. Just the wounded parts.

The martial arts improvement is mainly with that entirely robotic arm. So it's pretty safe it won't hurt that much.

EDIT: And of course, thank you for the help and time you've put into this so far.
Father Anthony Diem
Father Anthony Diem
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Harkness Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:29 pm

Alright, so I'm going to go through this with both your and Ada's responses in mind.

Firstly, if you want to say he has lvl 2 durability, lay it out plainly as to where and how he has that durability; just because an advanced cyborg can have that ability doesn't mean it automatically will. And I'm not so certain it makes him any more "durable" against moderate to heavy gunfire, since the skin, muscle, and tendons/ligaments surrounding those reinforced bones are still just as soft and squishy. (see: death by massive trauma to soft tissue.)

I am calling into question his new "speed" as well, because just looking over video of supernatural creatures won't give the brain and the body the actual training it would need to first: register the movement and second: react accordingly. Only one arm is going to be moving fast enough to handle this sort of stress, and even then I wonder at how his mind copes with having two appendages that work at different speeds of reflex. Sitting around in recovery won't give the real-world exposure needed to calibrate something that advanced (didn't you also try to tell Ada at one point that shooting at still targets is not going to prepare her for real world combat?...)

Again, with the martial arts ability and the insanity of punching through "certain walls". Even if I was agreeable to that, you would need exact calculations on what you could and could not go through: types of materials, their thickness, if they are reinforced, etc. However, I don't see how a single arm can go through most anything when it is attached to organic muscle and tissue further up. Kinetic energy is a funny thing, and it can wreck havoc on un-reinforced organic material, which is what would happen if your super arm hit something very solid; the shock would travel through the arm unhindered but would do damage to the soft tissues over time.

I am going to say flat out no to punch straight through a human being at this time. Perhaps at a higher level.

Explain these things, give me exact descriptions of where and how the reinforcement works, and name materials and densities for your arm to be able to "punch through".

Eleanor Harkness
Eleanor Harkness
Player of the Month
Player of the Month

Character sheet
Souls: 5
Organization: V.W.A.T.

Back to top Go down

Post by Father Anthony Diem Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:20 pm

If I have to spell out exactly where the durability is, then I will do so. Also it doesn't make him all that much more durable against larger bullets, just smaller caliber ones. As is listed.

Anthony's speed training during that six months was not just sitting there, I assumed he could probably still shoot a gun. And go through similar training that Brandon Cole. Our archer friend can indeed do the same thing, only he has received less training and has less experience fighting monsters.

As to martial arts, the entire right arm of Anthony's has been replaced, and this goes into reinforcements in the chest and the neck, all of these would be interconnected and any extreme forces owuld be absorbed by these. By certain walls I mean weaker ones, solid steel? Ya right. Dry wall? Wood even, piece of cake.

As to punching through a human, I don't think he could do that either. Though spear hand striking probably. If one had metal fingers supernatural strength and the ability to lock their digits in a mechanical nature then I would imagine spearing through a human wouldn't be that difficult.

To list materials, I shall probably just go with Titanium for his arm and for the metal around his chest and neck. I'm aware that the flesh above these things could still be hurt obviously, but a small caliber bullet that manages to hit his chest would probably be stopped and thus save his life, even if he is wounded.

I hope this suffices, if it does not please tell me. If it does I'll add in my above suggestions to the sheet.

Father Anthony Diem
Father Anthony Diem
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ada Koch Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:08 pm

It's not a matter of where the durability is it's more a matter of how does his augmentations grant it to him. His reinforced skeleton at most might protect from broken bones but bullets regardless of caliber would still do a lot of damage to him. The skeleton is reinforced but the soft tissue which is what the bullets will hit first and cause most damage from is still vulnerable. There isn't really any bullet protection there unless someone by some miracle hits your chest cavity or your ribs and in that case the round would just be liable to deviate off course and hit something else or damage more soft tissue.

You said in the first post during his 6 month recovery he was studying high speed movement. Studying does not sound like training and if he was recovering I doubt his physician or any doctor would say "Oh go ahead and jump straight into shooting guns with your new limb" even if you were to do the training Cole did the fact that your still adapting to a new different kind of limb would put a hinder on any progress you can make.

His arm may be interconnected to his chest and neck but his chest and neck still end at a certain point which would transfer the force to the soft tissue it ends at. Especially after prolonged use.

Punching through a human I won't touch upon until I see more design details about this cybernetic arm. I don't know what it is or what it does if it has interlocking finger who knows maybe it could work but I need solid details first.

And his chest is if anything just a bullet proof vest with holes in it beneath his skin and muscle. Rounds hitting his chest could still sever arteries he'd be better off just wearing an actual Kevlar vest
Ada Koch
Ada Koch
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Father Anthony Diem Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:40 pm

Bones are already made to protect vital organs, tougher bones equals greater protection and less chance of death.

If I study swordplay that implies I practice it as well. Though I practice it in a rehearsed and professional manor, trying to make it practical based off of earlier discoveries in the art.

Anthony is indeed adjusting to a new limb, a new and improved limb. Which is superior to an organic one. Yes it may take a while to get the hang of things but thats what the six months were for. Regardless of if that may be awkward or not at first, it does not deny the fact that Cole with his human reflexes and with a MUCH slower weapon is able to shoot at medium level monsters as if they were humans. Anthony has a faster weapon, has had as I mentioned more experience and more training fighting monsters, and on top of it all faster reflexes and speed in his arm. He has gone beyond the already set precedent for this ability in every category.

Anthony probably will continue to wear a bullet proof vest.

At this point I can't tell if your trying to tell me to change things to make him stronger? Or what. I'm aware he isn't totally protected in every inch of his body. I got that. But this is simply what he has so far. As he increases higher in level that will probably change and become greater.

The greatest bench press in the world was about 800 lbs. Divide that by 2 it's four hundred lbs. Now, Anthony's single arm would have more than 400 lb's worth of pressure and strength in it to hit his opponent. Concentrate that to the small tips of human fingers, now make the entire instrument metal (Combine that also with intense martial arts training and extra power coming from the the entire body!) and you should have yourself a nice man kebab.
Father Anthony Diem
Father Anthony Diem
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Father Anthony Diem Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:58 pm

Alright I gave it a little bit of thought and I think I can see what your saying a bit better now. Allow me to ask this question then, would combining a reinforced skeleton with Kevlar supplements over the more fleshy areas be better grounds for level two durability?

And if that was used in the construction of his connecting joints and tissues then that should cover the kinetic energy problem. With artificial flesh going over this course.

How does that sound? A step in the right direction at least?
Father Anthony Diem
Father Anthony Diem
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down